Through the Ruins was the second audio story in Torchwood One: Before the Fall.
"Ianto, please. It’s all... it’s all gone wrong. I don’t know what to think any more."
Away Days at Torchwood aren’t what you’d expect. Yes, there’s the forced camaraderie, the team-building exercises, and the chance for long-held rivalries to boil over. But Torchwood Away Days also have the potential to get very lethal very quickly.
Yvonne Hartman’s extremely worried by this year’s Away Day. But she’s got other things on her mind – something’s very wrong with Torchwood.
to be added
- Yvonne Hartman - Tracy-Ann Oberman
- Ianto Jones - Gareth David-Lloyd
- Rachel Allan - Sophie Winkleman
- Pippa - Lorelei King
- Kieran Frost - Damian Lynch
- Soren - Robert Daws
- Dave - Philip Childs
- Ziggy - Simon Hickson
- Mehdi - Rachid Sabitri
- Receptionist - Helen Goldwyn
- Ianto ridicules Pippa's belief in horoscopes. She correctly guesses that Ianto is a Leo and states that Yvonne is a Sagitarrius.
Food and Drink
- Yvonne takes her coffee black.
- Planet XXX is a nearby planet, known to Torchwood. Its inhabitants visited in 1993 with peaceful intentions.
- The inhabitants of this planet are at war with the Korvax.
- Ianto offers Yvonne a duvet with a Star Wars cover.
- When attempting to gain access to the Ex Libris, Yvonne refers to her special entry card as a golden ticket. She is then surprised when the receptionist doesn't understand the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory reference.
- According to the radio, this adventure takes place sometime before Christmas 2005.
- Lord Jacobin works at the House of Lords.
- Rachel uses retcon to wipe the memories of all Torchwood employees apart from Ianto.
- Yvonne states that she may have to retcon Soren's memories.
- Rachel places a 'Protocol 4' on Yvonne and orders Kieran to murder her.
- Yvonne says that she grew up as an army child, stating that one of her parents was a soldier.
- This story seems to be set sometime before TV: The Christmas Invasion.
- The Torchwood team joke about their surroundings being "quarry-ish", a probable reference to early Doctor Who using quarries as alien landscapes due to tight BBC budgets.
- Yvonne Hartman visits Lord Jim Jacobin to find out what COBRA knows regarding Planet XXX. Representatives of COBRA appear in TV: Children of Earth: Day Three and PROSE: System Shock.
- Kieran is still mourning the loss of Dean but refuses to take leave. (AUDIO: New Girl)
- Yvonne states that her life revolves around "Queen, Country, Job". She also states that she would "die for [her] job" and that if the time came, she would "do [her] duty for Queen and Country". (TV: Doomsday)
- Rachel uses retcon on her work colleagues. Meanwhile, Yvonne considers using it on Soren. (TV: Everything Changes et al)