Publisher's summary Edit
When the Doctor, Steven, and Dodo arrive in London in March 1966, World Cup fever is already underway. But disaster has struck: the trophy has been stolen, and the police are at a loss as to who could have taken it. When someone shoves part of the trophy into Steven's hands, the travellers become embroiled in the case..
- Steven has never heard of the World Cup. He describes football as "an idiotic sport for idiotic people."
- Dodo's father was a football fan.
- The goldsmith left Vienna in the 1930s.
- This story is available for download only.
- This story was recorded on 19 November 2015 at The Moat Studios.
- The story's title is an in-joke, referring to the fact that William Hartnell played "Dad" Johnson in the 1963 film This Sporting Life.
- England went on to defeat West Germany in the 1966 World Cup. (PROSE: The Rag & Bone Man's Story; COMIC: The Love Invasion) During his eleventh incarnation, he and his companions Amy Pond and Rory Williams witnessed the match in Wembley Stadium. (PROSE: Extra Time)