Hallowe'en, 1892. Celebrated novelist Charles Crookshap claims to have been receiving time communiqués, promising secrets that could change the world forever. But when the TARDIS interrupts the household's evening, the Doctor realises he isn't the only alien interloper in London.
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Charles Crookshap - Wilf Scolding
- Mrs Polly - Luyanda Unati Lewis-Nyawo
- John Hobshaw - Zaqi Ismail
- Stubbs - Nicholas Khan
- The Other Doctor - Jacob Dudman
- The Doctor notes that the 'other universe', from which Crookshap originated, has its own laws of physics. For example, time is not linear and can be reversed. Furthermore, paradoxes can remain stable, hence why Crookshap's paradoxical existence was impossible in N-Space.
- The Doctors both talk about how memory is a weakness of theirs. The Eleventh Doctor had previously forgotten about the events until the Fifth Doctor had put them back in their rightful place.
- The Fifth Doctor explains that the real reason for his decision to return for his companions is that he does not wish to become like the Eleventh Doctor, companionless and disparaged.
- This story featured Jacob Dudman reprising his role as the Eleventh Doctor. This marked the only time an incarnation of the Doctor postdating 2005 appeared in the Main Range.
- The Doctor meets his future self in Victorian London, having retired there after the loss of his companions. (TV: The Great Detective)
- The Doctor speaks to another incarnation of himself about a life decision they are both now facing, at their respective points in their timeline. (TV: Twice Upon a Time)
- The Eleventh Doctor will later meet another incarnation of himself within the same year. This time, it will be the Twelfth Doctor. (AUDIO: Regeneration Impossible)
- The Fifth and Eleventh Doctors dine at the Ritz. (COMIC: Where's the Doctor?)
- The Eleventh Doctor, upon spending time with the Fifth Doctor, remembers Nyssa and Tegan fondly. (TV: Time Crash)