This page lists appearances of Zoe Heriot in the order in which she experienced them. This timeline is based on observations of the Doctor Who universe and the events in each of these stories. From these observations we have attempted to build a concise timeline. There are also many gaps between stories.
The layout of this timeline is based in part on the observations on Doctor Who Reference Guide and Doctor Who - The Complete Adventures, Lance Parkin's AHistory and other sources that allow us to make observations, such as DocOhoReviews, The History of Doctor Who, The Discontinuity Guide, Clive Banks Database, the Big Finish forums, The Whoniverse and the Divergent Universe forums. None of these sources should be used solely as a source or considered a "true" timeline for stories.
Early travels with the Doctor Edit
- Zoe Heriot hides aboard the TARDIS when it departs the Space Station W3 and joins the Doctor and Jamie in their travels.
- Set immediately after The Wheel in Space. The Doctor recounts the events of The Evil of the Daleks to Zoe.
- Set immediately after the The Evil of the Daleks repeat.
- Zoe is more "accustomed to breathing the canned atmosphere of the Space Wheel", setting this shortly after she stowed aboard the TARDIS.
- Zoe experiences uncertainty for the first time in her life, and Jamie notes that it has not been long since she joined the crew of the TARDIS, setting this near the start of her travels.
- Zoe is in her clothes from The Wheel in Space, and Jamie worries if the TARDIS is low on mercury again.
- Zoe and Jamie are wearing their clothes from The Wheel in Space.
- Zoe has only just recently joined the TARDIS crew, while Jamie estimates that he has been travelling with the Doctor for "two or three" years. The Doctor explains to Zoe what the Hostile Action Displacement System is, setting this before The Krotons.
- Zoe as only recently joined the TARDIS crew, and is wearing her silver cat suit for the first time.
- Zoe is wearing her silver cat suit.
- The Doctor and Zoe are forced to project their minds as part of assassination attempt by Atrika, possibly leading into The Dominators.
The Land of Fiction Edit
- Ending leads directly into The Mind Robber.
- Set during The Mind Robber.
- Set immediately after the TARDIS finishes rebuilding itself after The Mind Robber. According to Jamie, only a few weeks have passed since The Web of Fear. The Doctor is reunited with the newly promoted Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart, and introduced to the United Nations Intelligence Taskforce. He also meets Corporal Benton for the first time.
- Set directly after The Invasion with the Doctor, Jamie, and Zoe observing the fallout of the destruction of the Cyberfleet before pursuing a sole surviving ship to Isos II.
- The TARDIS is being repaired after being damaged by its escape from the Land of Fiction.
- Set sometime after The Three Doctors, with the Doctor replacing his destroyed recorder.
A busy few weeks Edit
- Zoe refers to the recent events of The Dominators. Jamie has been travelling with the Doctor for "years now." Zoe's assimilation into the World Federation of Women may account for her sudden wardrobe change in The Krotons.
- Jamie mentions witnessing a volcanic eruption on Dulkis, setting this after The Invasion.
- Zoe is familiar with the Daleks, setting this after Fear of the Daleks. Jamie and Zoe aren't familiar with regeneration.
- Jamie and Zoe are wearing their outfits from The Krotons.
- The Doctor is repairing the HADS, setting this shortly after The Krotons.
- Jamie recalls the events of The Dominators.
- Set between The Krotons and The Seeds of Death.[source needed] Zoe is mentioned as having been separated from the Doctor and Jamie.
- Jamie mentions the Ice Warriors, and Zoe doesn't react to it, setting this before she encounters them in The Seeds of Death.
- Set between The Krotons and The Seeds of Death. The majority of this story is made up by Zoe based on a 150 year old foreign office report of the events in Uzbekistan, along with prompts given to her by Jen.
- Set before The Seeds of Death.[source needed]
- Set shortly before The Seeds of Death.[source needed]
- Before he was in the Multivarium, the Doctor was fighting the Ice Warriors on the Moon with Jamie and Zoe, setting this during The Seeds of Death.
- Jamie believes the TARDIS hasn't left London due to it landing during the rain, setting this immediately after The Seeds of Death.
- The TARDIS crew have recently encountered the Ice Lord Slaar, setting this shortly after The Seeds of Death.
- Set between The Seeds of Death and The Space Pirates, according to the back cover.
- Zoe recalls meeting the Krotons, setting this after The Krotons. Zoe is 16 years old, and claims to have "just started travelling with the Doctor".
- Set between The Seeds of Death and The Space Pirates.[source needed]
- Last of the Cybermen sets The Apocalypse Mirror between The Seeds of Death and The Space Pirates and after Echoes of Grey.
- Last of the Cybermen sets The Wheel of Ice immediately before The Space Pirates.
- The TARDIS crew have just left the LIZ 79, setting this immediately after The Space Pirates.
- The Doctor is switched with his sixth incarnation by the Monk. This adventure explicitly takes place a few weeks after The Isos Network, and a few days after The Space Pirates.
Final adventures with Jamie and the Doctor Edit
- Zoe has been travelling with the Doctor and Jamie for a few weeks.
- The events of The Seeds of Death are mentioned.
- Conversation about the vortex suggests that this is set after Vortex of Fear.
- Zoe recalls the events of The Invasion.
- The Doctor recalls the recently established UNIT, setting this after The Invasion.
- The Doctor, Jamie and Zoe are separated for six months. The Doctor is familiar with UNIT, setting this after The Invasion. Zoe notes that she has only been travelling with the Doctor for a short time.
- Jamie alludes to the events of The Mind Robber.
- The Doctor has faced the Krotons, setting this after The Krotons.
- Zoe mentions the T-Mat from The Seeds of Death. She and Jamie are kidnapped Adam Mitchell, leading directly into Endgame.
- The Doctor joins with his other incarnations to rescue Jamie and Zoe from Adam and the Master, and assists the other Doctors in saving their companions as well.
- Zoe has met the Ice Warriors, setting this after The Seeds of Death.
- Zoe has encountered the Ice Warriors, setting this after The Seeds of Death. Jamie references having visited space prisons, setting this after The Prison in Space.
- Set long after Year of the Drex Olympics, with the Venusian aikido skills the Doctor practiced having gone "rusty". Zoe recalls facing Cybermen, Ice Warriors and the Quarks.
- Jamie recalls the events of The Space Pirates. He also recalls the events of The Invasion as being not so long ago, as well as mentioning that he'd been travelling with the Doctor and Zoe for "far more time than [he could] care to think of"
- Zoe mentions the Brigadier, setting this after The Invasion.
- Foreshadows The War Games.
- Set during The War Games: Episode 9, just before the Doctor uses the hypercube.
- The Doctor, Jamie and Zoe are attempting to flee from the Time Lords.
- After Jamie and Zoe are returned home with their memories of him wiped, the Doctor stands trial before the Time Lords. His sentence is an exile to Earth in the 20th century and an enforced regeneration.
Return to "normal" life Edit
- Zoe wakes up to learn she's been in a coma. The Second Doctor implies this occurs right after The Wheel in Space, but her dreams indicate otherwise, and she begins writing them as stories.
- Several months later, the Cybermen attack the Wheel again and Zoe pulls them into the Land of Fiction. Within the Land, she continues writing stories based on her adventures with the Doctor. When she encounters the Sixth Doctor, she is noticeably older, with the implication being she's spent years there. When arriving back at the Wheel, her memories are suppressed once again.
- Years later, Zoe seeks therapy after dreaming about the Daleks.
- In around 2119, the Company begins to investigate and interrogate Zoe to learn about time travel. The events of Fear of the Daleks are recalled.
- Zoe has been imprisoned by the company.
- The events of Echoes of Grey are less than a year ago. Zoe becomes free of the Company, but her memories grow hazy. Then she remembers.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found