This page lists appearances of Winston Churchill in the order in which he experienced them. This timeline is based upon observations of the Doctor Who universe and the events that occur during each of these stories. From these observations we have attempted to build a concise timeline. It is assumed that for each novel, comic or television series, their published, broadcast or numbered order is the order they occur in.
The layout of this timeline is in part based on the observations on Doctor Who Reference Guide and Doctor Who - The Complete Adventures, as well as Lance Parkin's AHistory and other sources that allow us to make observations, such as The Whoniverse, Doctor Who Reviews, The History of Doctor Who, The Discontinuity Guide, Clive Banks databanks and the Big Finish forums. None of these sources should be used solely as a source or considered a "true" timeline for stories.
- 1874 - Winston Churchill is born. (PROSE: The Witch Hunters, Childhood Living, The Lost Diaries of Winston Spencer Churchill)
- Churchill meets the Tenth Doctor, who splashes him with water to stop Churchill from lighting Sontaran grenades disguised as Cuban cigars.
- Churchill meets the Third Doctor, who have a fight but become firm friends. Churchill learns the TARDIS can travel through time and space. It is implied Churchill and the Third Doctor travel to ancient Egypt and face the Osirians.
- Churchill meets Madame Vastra.
- Churchill meets the First Doctor, and Churchill now knows the Doctor can change faces, but the Doctor says he's they have never met before.
- Churchill meets the Fifth Doctor, who takes him back in time to see his ancestor Lord Marlborough.
- Churchill receives a call from the Seventh Doctor, who informs him that Wallis Simpson is a shape-shifting alien from Verrossikon Prime.
- Churchill meets the Eleventh Doctor.
- Churchill meets the Sixth Doctor and Peri again.
- Churchill meets the Ninth Doctor for the first time.
- Winston Churchill meets the Eighth Doctor.
- Churchill is met by the Eleventh Doctor a month later.
- Churchill meets the Ninth Doctor again.
- Churchill writes about the the aftermath of Victory of the Daleks.
- Churchill meets the Tenth Doctor for the first time.
- Churchill is show Van Gogh's painting of the TARDIS after the events of Victory of the Daleks.
- Churchill receives a call from the Twelfth Doctor to order an airstrike on a Sontaran weapon in the Sahara Desert.
- "Winston Churchill. The world could end up under Hitler's control without him."
- The computer Momus takes Churchill as one of history's greatest leaders to Planet 12 of the Ridion Alliance. The Tenth Doctor persuades Momus to return them. The illustration is based on a 30 December 1941 photo of Churchill.
- Churchill becomes involved in an alternate timeline with the Ninth Doctor.
- Churchill meets the Sixth Doctor again.
- VE Day. Churchill meets the Tenth Doctor again.
- Churchill meets the Ninth Doctor right after the end of World War II, who takes Churchill to ancient Rome.
- Churchill encounters the Seventh Doctor, whom he last met in 1936, during an encounter with Wallis Simpson.
- Following the end of the Second World War, Churchill is taken on a trip to ancient Britain by the Eleventh Doctor with Kazran Sardick. He enters the Doctor's TARDIS for the first time, conflicting with earlier accounts.
- Churchill has retired to Chartwell. Lily Arwell is his nurse. They both reencounter the Eleventh Doctor.
- Churchill contacts Newman to recommend a new drama about the Doctor.