This page lists appearances of Vislor Turlough in the order in which he experienced them. This timeline is based on observations of the Doctor Who universe and the events in each of these stories. From these observations we have attempted to build a concise timeline. It is assumed, much like their TV story counterparts, that each novel or audio series their published/numbered order is the order they occur in.
The layout of this timeline is based in part on the observations on Doctor Who Reference Guide and Doctor Who - The Complete Adventures, Lance Parkin's AHistory and other sources that allow us to make observations, such as DocOhoReviews, The History of Doctor Who, The Discontinuity Guide, Clive Banks Databank, the Big Finish forum, The Whoniverse and The Divergent Universe forum. None of these sources should be used solely as a source or considered a "true" timeline for stories.
Joining the Doctor Edit
- Under orders from the Black Guardian, Turlough joins the Fifth Doctor, Nyssa and Tegan Jovanka in his travels so he may kill him.
- Turlough has only just joined the TARDIS crew, setting this immediately after Mawdryn Undead.
- Turlough is shown his bedroom in the TARDIS, and is greatly disliked and distrusted by Tegan, setting this shortly after Mawdryn Undead. Nyssa decides to stay on Terminus to help treat the Lazar victims.
- Tegan still doesn't trust Turlough, even believing him capable of murder.
- Turlough, with the Doctor's encouragement, defies the Black Guardian and is able to escape his agreement with him.
- Set just after Enlightenment.
- Turlough still fears that the Black Guardian will punish him for siding with the Doctor, setting this shortly after Enlightenment.
Nyssa returns Edit
- Set two days after Nyssa initially left the TARDIS in Terminus.
- Ending leads directly into The Cradle of the Snake.
- Tegan mentions the Mara being purged from her system, setting this shortly after The Cradle of the Snake.
- Nyssa's appearance is reverted to that of her younger self at the time that she left the TARDIS crew.
- The Doctor refers to Nyssa's recent rejuvenation from The Emerald Tiger.
- Authorial intent places this between The Jupiter Conjunction and The Butcher of Brisbane.[source needed]
- Turlough refers to Dr. Sa Yy Findecker from The Butcher of Brisbane.
- Drawn off-course, the TARDIS passes through a CVE into E-Space, trapping the Doctor and his companions there.
- As she is dying from Entropy, Nyssa chooses to stay in E-Space to power a portal back to N-Space for the TARDIS.
Joined by Kamelion Edit
- Tegan wonders if the TARDIS has fallen into a trap set by the Black Guardian. The Doctor takes Kamelion with him in the TARDIS after liberating him from the Master, and sets the TARDIS coordinates for the Eye of Orion.
- The Doctor is trying to reach the Eye of Orion, setting this shortly after The King's Demons.
- Tegan is still susceptible to the control of the Mara. Though he stays aboard, Kamelion is keen to leave the TARDIS with his fellow crew-members, but ends up being controlled by the Mara from Tegan's subconscious.
- Set a few days after The King's Demons. The TARDIS is heavily damaged. Kamelion is influenced by a strong mind and endangers his fellow travellers. He decides that he cannot be trusted and elects to remain within the TARDIS indefinitely.
- Kamelion has only recently joined the TARDIS crew, and Tegan does not yet trust him. The Doctor and Kamelion make repairs on the TARDIS console, including a refitting, setting this shortly before The Five Doctors. Kamelion does not fear leaving the TARDIS.
- The Doctor has recovered from the back injury he received in Devil in the Mist. Kamelion begins to believe that he is a liability and should no longer travel with the Doctor. The TARDIS team decide to take a trip to New York, leading into Power Game.
- Rather than New York, the TARDIS instead arrives in York. The Doctor, Tegan and Turlough spend three weeks searching for Kamelion after he goes missing. Kamelion receives a signal from his home planet.
- Set immediately after Power Game. The TARDIS follows the signal to Kamelion's homeworld of Mekalion. The TARDIS console is destroyed, and Kamelion decides that he cannot be trusted and elect to remain within the TARDIS until his mental resistance is stronger. The TARDIS materialises on the Eye of Orion, leading directly into The Five Doctors.
- The Doctor brings Tegan and Turlough to the Eye of Orion, as he had promised to do at the conclusion of The King's Demons. The TARDIS has a brand new console.
- Set during The Five Doctors, after the Doctor used the Master's transmat recall device to escape the Cybermen.
- Set just after The Five Doctors.
- The TARDIS console has recently been rebuilt, setting this shortly after The Five Doctors.
- Tegan hasn't seen the Master since The Five Doctors.
- Set between The Five Doctors and Warriors of the Deep.[source needed] The Doctor is in his first outfit, and Tegan and Turlough are trapped in the TARDIS.
- Set several weeks after The Five Doctors
- The Doctor is depicted in his first outfit, and Turlough is well adjusted to life in the TARDIS.
- The Doctor is depicted in his first outfit.
- The Doctor, Tegan and Turlough decide to take a break in order to recover from the events on Sea Base 4, setting this immediately after Warriors of the Deep. The Doctor is wearing his first outfit, which is ruined by a Xaranti, leading the Doctor to hope he has a spare outfit in the TARDIS. Tegan decides that she wants to visit her grandfather, setting this shortly before The Awakening.
Final adventures with Tegan Edit
- There are references to the Malus from The Awakening, which occurred a month before this story. The Doctor explains that it took him that long to return Will Chandler back to 1643 after the events of The Awakening.
- The Doctor attends the third test at Headingley in 1981 with Tegan and Turlough.
- The cloister bell starts ringing, leading into The Assassin's Story.
- The Web of Time is threatened when Margaret Thatcher is assassinated during her first year as Prime Minister, explaining why the TARDIS cloister bell was ringing in Last Minute Shopping.
- The Doctor is depicted in his second outfit.
- Tired of all the death and violence she has witnessed, Tegan decides to remain on Earth, causing the Doctor to rethink his lifestyle.
Lone travels with the Doctor Edit
- Tegan has only just left the TARDIS.
- Turlough reflects on the events of Resurrection of the Daleks and Lords of the Storm, weeks after the former.
- Turlough can operate the TARDIS accurately enough to move it forward in time by six months.
- Turlough returns to his home planet after learning his exile was lifted.
After the Doctor Edit
- Turlough is kidnapped by Adam Mitchell among companions of the Doctor but is soon freed by Frobisher. Leads into Endgame.
- The first eleven Doctors rescue their companions from Adam and the Master.