This page lists appearances of Vikram Shindi in the order in which he experienced them. This timeline is based upon observations of the Doctor Who universe and the events that occur during each of these stories. From these observations we have attempted to build a concise timeline. It is assumed that for each novel, comic, audio or television series, their published, broadcast or numbered order is the order they occur in.
- According to Big Finish, Extinction is between The Power of Three and The Day of the Doctor. Josh Carter is a new recruit in Vanguard, placing this definitively as the start of the UTNS timeline. Shindi is injured fighting the Autons.
- Shindi has recovered from his injury but is still using a wheelchair. Kate is doing extra weapons training following her encounter with Cerberus in UNIT: Shutdown. Shindi mentions that Osgood was away in Antarctica while he was recovering from his injury.
- In Memory Alone is set several months after the end of Silent Majority. Sam Bishop claims that "Osgoods can't be duplicated", setting this before The Day of the Doctor. Shindi is no longer using a wheelchair.
- Jacqui McGee is now an established ally to UNIT, following the events of In Memory Alone. UNIT learn that a group known as the Auctioneers are selling alien technology on the black market.
- Invocation occurs during Halloween.
- The events of Encounters are recent and Shindi makes reference to the Shakri cubes.
- Colonel Shindi is unfamiliar with the sight of flying Cybermen, while Osgood is thrilled to have survived meeting The Master, suggesting this takes place before Death in Heaven. The Master leaves UNIT with a parting gift, leading directly into Host of the Wirrn.
- The Master's parting gift is revealed to be a Wirrn egg, which he took from the Auctioneers.