This page lists appearances of Graham O'Brien, Ryan Sinclair and Yasmin Khan, in the order in which they experienced them. This timeline is based upon observations of the Doctor Who universe and the events that occur during each of these stories. From these observations we have attempted to build a concise timeline. It is assumed that for each novel, comic, audio or television series, their published, broadcast or numbered order is the order they occur in.
The layout of this timeline is in part based on the observations on Doctor Who - The Complete Adventures, as well as Lance Parkin's AHistory and other sources that allow us to make observations, such as Doctor Who Reviews, and Clive Banks databanks. None of these sources should be used solely as a source or considered a "true" timeline for stories.
Before the Doctor Edit
- Still in school, Yaz runs away from home but is convinced to return by PC Anita Patel.
Meeting the Doctor Edit
- Following on directly from Twice Upon a Time, the Doctor lands in Sheffield during September 2018 and is assisted by Ryan Sinclair, PC Yasmin Khan and Graham and Grace O'Brien in facing Tzim-Sha of the Stenza as she recovers from her regeneration. After Grace is killed during Tzim-Sha's defeat, the Doctor uses the Stenza tech to locate the TARDIS. Teleporting away, the Doctor accidently brings Ryan, Yaz and Graham with her, leading directly into The Ghost Monument.
- Rescued by Angstrom and Epzo during the Rally of the Twelve Galaxies, the Doctor, Ryan, Yaz and Graham find the TARDIS on Desolation and begin their return journey to Sheffield.
Returning to Sheffield Edit
- Yaz isn't familiar with regeneration.
- The Doctor meets Rosa Parks during her fourteenth attempt to return Ryan, Yaz and Graham to Sheffield. Ryan, Yaz and Graham learn the mechanisms of history while preventing Krasko from altering the start of the Montgomery Bus Boycott.
- The TARDIS returns to Sheffield. Graham, Ryan and Yaz all choose to join the Doctor as her companions, calling themselves Team TARDIS. The Doctor alludes to her recent regeneration, noting that she is "still figuring [herself] out".
Early Travels with Team TARDIS Edit
- Set immediately after Arachnids in the UK.
- Though the present day is given as 28 April 2019, Ryan and Yaz learn about the Time Agency for the first time, setting this before A New Beginning.
- The Doctor alludes to her recent regeneration, and Graham, Yaz and Ryan are still learning about the Doctor and how she operates. Ryan knows from experience that the Doctor is a "stickler" about her no-weapons policy. Yaz feels ill-equipped to handle situations on her own, and is surprised when the Doctor asks her to take over a situation without her. Graham indicates that the Doctor has been acting as a guide for them, across several adventures, but notes that "it still ain't easy", and he is also still getting used to the TARDIS's dimensional transcendentalism.
- The Doctor alludes to the recent events of The Ghost Monument while facing the Pting on the Tsuranga in the 67th century.
- Set between Arachnids in the UK and It Takes You Away, as the Doctor isn't attempting to reach Sheffield and Ryan is on a first-name basis with Graham.
- Yaz is celebrating her birthday.
- The Doctor tells her companions about the TARDIS' telepathic capabilities when they go to the Partition of India to see Yaz's grandmother when she was younger.
- Yaz recalls the events of Demons of the Punjab.
- Graham implies that a month has passed since The Woman Who Fell to Earth. The Doctor is still figuring out the new TARDIS controls.
- Ryan references the events of Kerblam!, saying he doesn't want to visit another big warehouse.
- Team TARDIS is trying to get the coronation of Elizabeth I, but end up in 17th century Lancashire instead, where they face the Morax with James I.
- Ryan almost calls Graham his granddad, but stops himself, setting this shortly before It Takes You Away.
- After an encounter with the Solitract helps Graham come to better terms with Grace's death, Ryan calls him "granddad" for the first time after they both open up about their grief.
- Ryan calls Graham granddad casually setting this after It Takes You Away. Graham refers to the events of Combat Magicks. The Doctor has been meaning to talk to Ryan about his tendency to push buttons.
- The Encyclopedia Gallifreya identifies a threat from Tzim-Sha's alliance with the Ux, setting this immediately before The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos.
- Team TARDIS face Tzim-Sha for the first time since The Woman Who Fell to Earth, with Graham considering executing him until he and Ryan decide to imprison him in a stasis chamber instead. Ryan tells Graham he loves him for the first time, and reinforces that he thinks of him as his family.
- It has been months since Graham first entered the TARDIS, and Ryan refers to him as his granddad, setting this after It Takes You Away. The year is 2018 and Graham refers to it as the present day, settingnthis before Resolution. The Doctor tells her companions about the TARDIS's chameleon circuit. Yaz is 20-years-old, setting this after Dr. Thirteenth.
- While celebrating various New Year's Day events in history, Team TARDIS fights a reconnaissance scout Dalek on 1 January 2019 with Lin and Mitch, which is the Thirteenth Doctor's first encounter with a Dalek since her regeneration, and the first encounter with them for Ryan, Graham and Yaz. During the conflict, Ryan's dad, Aaron Sinclair, re-enters Ryan's life with the promise of being a better father, and is introduced to Yaz and the Doctor. After they defeat the Dalek, Ryan and Aaron reconnect, but Aaron declines an invitation to join Team TARDIS, instead opting for Ryan to contact him upon his return to Earth.
Going everywhere Edit
- According to the Doctor, either one week or ten weeks have passed since A New Beginning. Ryan refers to Graham as his granddad, setting this after It Takes You Away, with the Doctor also still paranoid about the Woolly Rebellion. Team TARDIS find out that Schulz and Perkins have joined the Time Agency. 2019 is the present day, setting this after Resolution.
- Graham recalls Team TARDIS meeting "big names in history", and how most those encounters involved "something dodgy".
- The Doctor has not seen Missy, or any incarnation of the Master, since The Doctor Falls, setting this before The Liar, the Glitch and the War Zone.
- Ryan refers to Graham as his granddad, setting this after It Takes You Away. The Doctor claims to have run out of dates to visit the Beatles without crossing her time stream.
- Berakka Dogbolter skews the events of The Warmonger and The Power of the Mobox to present the Doctor as a villain, and Team TARDIS encounter the Herald from Herald of Madness again.
- Team TARDIS meet an alien called Friffle, who tells them of how his people were kidnapped by Mr Henderson to work in his grotto with a memory wiping device keeping them at bay. With the help of Baxter the elf, they infiltrate the grotto and attempt to rescue the workers. They fail their mission, getting their memories of these events erased by the aforementioned device. Meet the Fam! is planted into their heads as a false memory in its place. (COMIC: Holiday Special)
- Team TARDIS meet Pythagoras and discover that the Doctor's sunglasses did not belong to him, prompting the Doctor to search for Audrey Hepburn, leading directly into Mission of the KaaDok.
- Graham recalls meeting Elvis Presley in That's All Right, Mama.
- Yaz and Ryan talk about the Corsair, setting after Old Friends.
Old foes return Edit
- The present day is early 2020, as Graham has been in remission from his cancer for four years and 1834 is described as being "186 years back". Yaz is still a probationary officer. Graham learns that the Doctor really did used to be a man, having previously thought she was joking when mentioning it. The TARDIS console room has been slightly redecorated, and the Doctor encounters the Master in a body she doesn't recognise. After foiling his plot, the Doctor learns that the Master ravaged Gallifrey after discovering information about the Timeless Child.
- The Doctor is noted to have been in a bad mood as of late, suggesting a setting shortly after Spyfall.
- Graham, Yaz and Ryan encounter the Judoon for the first time and learn about the Cybermen. They also briefly meet Captain Jack Harkness, who passes on a message to "beware of the lone Cyberman". The Doctor encounters an alleged incarnation of herself who had been living under a Chameleon Arch. Graham, Yaz and Ryan proclaim that they will always be by the Doctor's side no matter what comes her way, lifting her spirits. The TARDIS picks up on multiple alerts across three Earth continents and Team TARDIS go to investigate it, leading directly into Praxeus.
- Set in January 2020, and the Doctor is reunited with Ace. Graham, Yaz and Ryan are fully aware that the Doctor used to be a man, setting this after Spyfall. Ace tells Yaz about the Cybermen, suggesting a post-Fugitive of the Judoon setting.
- Several months have passed on Earth since Spyfall. Yaz recalls visits to California, Hong Kong, Gloucester and Madagascar in the time she's been away from Sheffield, suggesting that this is her first trip back to Sheffield since Spyfall. The Doctor is unaccustomed to traveling alone. Following the defeat of Zellin and Rakaya, the Doctor decides to take Team TARDIS to see the origins of Frankenstein, while Ryan and Yaz begin to wonder how much longer they will remain with the Doctor.
- Following on from Can You Hear Me?, Team TARDIS travel to 1816 Villa Diodati, where they find the Lone Cyberman searching for the Cyberium inside Percy Shelley. The Doctor is forced to surrender the Cyberium to save Shelley, and then decides to follow the Cyberman into the future.
- Following on from The Haunting of Villa Diodati, Team TARDIS follow the Lone Cyberman into the far future. The Doctor discovers a gateway to Gallifrey and is met there by the Master, leading directly into The Timeless Children.
- The Doctor is told the truth of the Timeless Child by the Master, and unlocks old memories from before her first incarnation in the Matrix. Separated from Graham, Ryan and Yaz to ensure their safety, the Doctor and Ko Sharmus destroy all organic life on Gallifrey with the Lone Cyberman's Death particle. Before she can reunite with Team TARDIS, the Doctor is imprisoned by the Judoon.
- The Doctor reflects on the realizations discovered in The Timeless Children.
Awaiting placement Edit
- These entries are placed here until evidence presents itself that provides a clue as to where they happen in relation to other entries. Some of these are part of ongoing storylines that could present evidence towards the end of the plot.
- Team TARDIS are fully aware that the Doctor used to be a man following the events of Spyfall. The Doctor seems to be in a happier mood again, suggesting a setting some time after Orphan 55. However, the TARDIS console room has its series 11 design.