This page lists appearances of Graham O'Brien, Ryan Sinclair and Yasmin Khan, in the order in which they experienced them. This timeline is based upon observations of the Doctor Who universe and the events that occur during each of these stories. From these observations we have attempted to build a concise timeline. It is assumed that for each novel, comic, audio or television series, their published, broadcast or numbered order is the order they occur in.
The layout of this timeline is in part based on the observations on Doctor Who - The Complete Adventures, as well as Lance Parkin's AHistory and other sources that allow us to make observations, such as Doctor Who Reviews, and Clive Banks databanks. None of these sources should be used solely as a source or considered a "true" timeline for stories.
Before the Doctor Edit
Meeting the Doctor Edit
- Following on directly from Twice Upon a Time, the Doctor lands in Sheffield during September 2018 and is assisted by Ryan Sinclair, PC Yasmin Khan and Graham and Grace O'Brien in facing Tzim-Sha of the Stenza as she recovers from her regeneration. After Grace is killed during Tzim-Sha's defeat, the Doctor uses the Stenza tech to locate the TARDIS. Teleporting away, the Doctor accidently brings Ryan, Yaz and Graham with her, leading directly into The Ghost Monument.
- Rescued by Angstrom and Epzo during the Rally of the Twelve Galaxies, the Doctor, Ryan, Yaz and Graham find the TARDIS on Desolation and begin their return journey to Sheffield.
Early travels with the Doctor Edit
- The Doctor meets Rosa Parks during her fourteenth attempt to return Ryan, Yaz and Graham to Sheffield. Ryan, Yaz and Graham learn the mechanisms of history while preventing Krasko from altering the start of the Montgomery Bus Boycott.
- The TARDIS returns to Sheffield. Graham, Ryan and Yaz all choose to join the Doctor as her companions, calling themselves Team TARDIS. The Doctor alludes to her recent regeneration, noting that she is "still figuring [herself] out".
- Set immediately after Arachnids in the UK.
- Team TARDIS attend the coronation of Elizabeth II, and then thwart Colby's assassination plot against the Doctor.
- The Doctor alludes to the recent events of The Ghost Monument while facing the Pting on the Tsuranga in the 67th century.
- The Doctor tells her companions about the TARDIS' telepathic capabilities when they go to the Partition of India to see Yaz's grandmother when she was younger.
- Yaz learns that the Doctor used to be a man, and the Doctor recounts her eleventh incarnation's meeting with Amelia Earhart to her. Yaz notes that the Doctor is secretive about her past.
- Yaz recalls the events of Demons of the Punjab.
- Graham implies that a month has passed since The Woman Who Fell to Earth. The Doctor is still figuring out the new TARDIS controls.
- Ryan says he doesn't want to visit another big warehouse, suggesting the events of Kerblam! are still fresh in his mind.
- Yaz is celebrating her birthday.
- Team TARDIS are trying to get to the coronation of Elizabeth I, but end up in 17th century Lancashire instead, where they face the Morax with James I.
- Ryan almost calls Graham his granddad, but stops himself, setting this shortly before It Takes You Away.
- After an encounter with the Solitract helps Graham come to better terms with Grace's death, Ryan calls him "granddad" for the first time after they both open up about their grief.
- Ryan calls Graham his granddad, setting this after It Takes You Away.
- Ryan calls Graham his granddad, setting this after It Takes You Away. Graham refers to the events of Combat Magicks.
- The Encyclopedia Gallifreya identifies a threat from Tzim-Sha's alliance with the Ux, setting this immediately before The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos.
- Team TARDIS face Tzim-Sha for the first time since The Woman Who Fell to Earth, with Graham considering executing him until he and Ryan decide to imprison him in a stasis chamber instead. Ryan tells Graham he loves him for the first time, and reinforces that he thinks of him as his grandfather.
Investigating the Catastrophia Edit
- Team TARDIS encounter the Herald, learn about the Children of Chaos, and discover an entrance to the Catastrophia during a trip to 1608 Bohemia. Graham recalls Team TARDIS meeting "big names in history", and how most of those encounters involved "something dodgy".
- On Acantha, Team TARDIS encounter Mother G for the first time. Ryan refers to Graham as his granddad, setting this after It Takes You Away.
- Berakka Dogbolter skews the events of The Warmonger and The Power of the Mobox to present the Doctor as a villain, as revenge for her defeat on Gatan several weeks prior. Team TARDIS discover another entrance to the Catastrophia and encounter the Children of Chaos again. The Herald is revealed to be the Doctor from a future where her mind is warped by the Catastrophia, though she manages to avoid this future after a visit to the Catastrophia. Graham implies that only a couple of months have passed since The Woman Who Fell to Earth.
Going everywhere Edit
- While celebrating various New Year's Day events in history, Team TARDIS fights a reconnaissance scout Dalek on 1 January 2019 with Lin and Mitch, which is the Thirteenth Doctor's first encounter with a Dalek since her regeneration, and the first encounter with them for Ryan, Graham and Yaz. During the conflict, Ryan's dad, Aaron, re-enters Ryan's life with the promise of being a better father, and is introduced to Yaz and the Doctor. After they defeat the Dalek, Ryan and Aaron reconnect, but Aaron declines an invitation to join Team TARDIS, instead opting for Ryan to contact him upon his return to Earth.
- The Doctor tells her companions about the TARDIS's chameleon circuit. Yaz is 20-years-old, setting this after Dr. Thirteenth. Team TARDIS have been travelling with the Doctor for months, but, during a home visit, they arrive several weeks after they left in Arachnids in the UK due to the Doctor getting the chronology wrong.
- Follows directly on from The Secret in Vault 13. Yaz's time with the Doctor is described as being "a brief spell" at this point, but she knows about the Time Lords in great detail and also knows about regeneration, but hasn't met another incarnation of the Doctor yet. Ryan recalls encountering a Dalek, setting this after Resolution. Yaz has yet to encounter another TARDIS, setting this before Old Friends.
- The present day is 28 April 2019. Ryan and Yaz learn about the Time Agency for the first time, setting this before A New Beginning. The Doctor recalls the events of Kerblam!.
- Team TARDIS meet Pythagoras and discover that the Doctor's sunglasses did not belong to him, prompting the Doctor to search for Audrey Hepburn, leading directly into Mission of the KaaDok.
- Graham recalls meeting Elvis Presley in That's All Right, Mama.
- The Doctor briefly takes on Lizzie as a companion while Ryan, Yaz, and Graham make a return visit to Sheffield, setting this before Spyfall. They are seen returning to the TARDIS as Lizzie is dropped off.
Fighting the Hoarder Edit
- The Doctor alludes to her recent regeneration, and Graham, Yaz and Ryan are still learning about the Doctor and how she operates. Yaz feels ill-equipped to handle situations on her own, and is surprised when the Doctor asks her to take over a situation without her. Graham indicates that the Doctor has been acting as a guide for them, across several adventures, but notes that "it still ain't easy", and he is also still getting used to the TARDIS's dimensional transcendentalism. Team TARDIS meet Irene Schulz and Leon Perkins while freeing them from the Hoarder.
- According to the Doctor, either one week or ten weeks have passed since A New Beginning. Ryan refers to Graham as his granddad, setting this after It Takes You Away, with the Doctor also still paranoid about the Woolly Rebellion. Team TARDIS find out that Schulz and Perkins have joined the Time Agency. 2019 is the present day, setting this after Resolution.
- The Doctor has not seen Missy since The Doctor Falls, setting this before The Liar, the Glitch and the War Zone.
- Shortly after defeating the Hoarder, Team TARDIS meet an alien called Friffle, who tells them of how his people were kidnapped by Mr. Henderson to work in his grotto with a memory wiping device keeping them at bay. With the help of Baxter the elf, they infiltrate the grotto and attempt to rescue the workers. They fail their mission, getting their memories of these events erased. Meet the Fam! is planted into their heads as a false memory in its place. (COMIC: Holiday Special)
- Set "a few time-jumps" after Meet the Fam!. Graham and Ryan have a Christmas dinner to attend, suggesting it is Christmastime in the present day. Team TARDIS realise that the events of Meet the Fam! were the product of a false memory, placed into their heads by Mr. Henderson after their first attempt to free Friffle's people.
Reminders of the past Edit
- The present day is early 2020, as Graham has been in remission from his cancer for four years and 1834 is described as being "186 years back". Yaz is still a probationary officer. Graham learns that the Doctor really did used to be a man, having previously thought she was joking when mentioning it. The TARDIS console room has been slightly redecorated, and the Doctor encounters the Master in a body she doesn't recognise. After foiling his plot, the Doctor learns that the Master ravaged Gallifrey after discovering information about the Timeless Child.
- The Doctor is noted to have been in a bad mood as of late, suggesting a setting shortly after Spyfall.
- The Doctor thinks that the TARDIS' navigation system is still rebooting after a tussle with a "psycho-squid", possibly setting this shortly after Orphan 55.
- Graham, Yaz and Ryan encounter the Judoon for the first time and learn about the Cybermen. They also briefly meet Captain Jack Harkness, who passes on a message to "beware the Lone Cyberman". The Doctor has not heard from the Master since Spyfall, and encounters an alleged incarnation of herself who had been living under a Chameleon Arch. Graham, Yaz and Ryan proclaim that they will always be by the Doctor's side no matter what comes her way, lifting her spirits. The TARDIS picks up on multiple alerts across three Earth continents and Team TARDIS go to investigate them.
- Follows on from Fugitive of the Judoon.
- Set in January 2020, and the Doctor is reunited with Ace. Graham, Yaz and Ryan are fully aware that the Doctor used to be a man, setting this after Spyfall. Ace tells Yaz about the Cybermen, suggesting a post-Fugitive of the Judoon setting.
- Team TARDIS are fully aware that the Doctor used to be a man following the events of Spyfall. The Doctor seems to be in a happier mood again, suggesting a setting some time after Orphan 55. However, the TARDIS console room has its series 11 design.
- The Doctor is still coping with the recent revelations from The Timeless Children, and is again travelling with Yaz, Ryan and Graham. Ryan gives the present day as 2020. Team TARDIS spend three weeks sheltered on the planet Calapia in isolation. Yaz comments that the isolation appears to have given the Doctor a rest from recent troubles as she dwells on some of her past actions, such as one involving "a girl in a mirror".
- The Doctor and Yaz are trapped inside a joke book. Yaz encounters a Judoon, setting this after Fugitive of the Judoon.
The truth of the Timeless Child Edit
- Several months have passed on Earth since Spyfall, and Yaz references the events of Spyfall, Fugitive of the Judoon and Praxeus as her travels in the time she's been away from Sheffield, suggesting this is her first trip home since Spyfall. The Doctor is unaccustomed to traveling alone. Following the defeat of Zellin and Rakaya, the Doctor decides to take Team TARDIS to see the origins of Frankenstein, while Ryan and Yaz begin to wonder how much longer they will remain with the Doctor.
- Team TARDIS arrive at 1816 Villa Diodati, where they find the Lone Cyberman searching for the Cyberium inside Percy Shelley. The Doctor is forced to surrender the Cyberium to save Shelley, and then decides to follow the Cyberman into the future.
- Set immediately after The Haunting of Villa Diodati. While Ryan is writing in his diary, the Doctor is tracking down the Lone Cyberman.
- Following on from The Haunting of Villa Diodati, Team TARDIS follow the Lone Cyberman into the far future. The Doctor discovers a gateway to Gallifrey and is met there by the Master, leading directly into The Timeless Children.
- The Doctor is told the truth of the Timeless Child by the Master, and unlocks old memories from before her first incarnation in the Matrix. Separated from Graham, Ryan and Yaz to ensure their safety, the Doctor and Ko Sharmus destroy all organic life on Gallifrey with the Lone Cyberman's Death particle. Before she can reunite with Team TARDIS, the Doctor is imprisoned by the Judoon.
After Gallifrey Edit
- Graham recalls the historical figures he has met during his travels with the Doctor. He recalls meeting Mary Shelley, setting this after The Haunting of Villa Diodati.
Awaiting placement Edit
- These entries are placed here until evidence presents itself that provides a clue as to where they happen in relation to other entries. Some of these are part of ongoing storylines that could present evidence towards the end of the plot.