This page lists appearances of the Roz Forrester in the order in which she experienced them. This timeline is based upon observations of the Doctor Who universe and the events that occur during each of these stories. From these observations we have attempted to build a concise timeline. It is assumed, much like its TV story counterparts that for each novel or audio series their published/numbered order is the order they occur in. This does not apply to short stories which are often ambiguous about their placement. There are also many gaps between stories.
Before the Doctor Edit
Travels with the Doctor, Benny, and Chris Edit
- The Doctor and Benny are joined by Adjudicators Roz Forrester and Chris Cwej, who wish to escape the corruption and manipulation rife on Earth in their time.
- Three-odd subjective years have passed since Love and War. Two days have passed since Original Sin, however this time was spent inside the TARDIS.
- Set immediately after Sky Pirates!
- Set two weeks after Toy Soldiers. Ending leads directly into The Also People.
- Set during the events of Shakedown from Roz's perspective.
- Ending leads directly into Warchild.
- Set immediately after Sleepy. Jason Kane proposes to Benny, and she accepts, leading into Happy Endings.
- Benny leaves the Doctor's company after her wedding to Jason Kane. The Doctor retrieves his original TARDIS from the Charrl after it was lost to him during Blood Heat.
Travels with the Doctor and Chris Edit
- The Doctor, Roz and Chris have only just left Benny and Jason's wedding, setting this immediately after Happy Endings.
- The Doctor, Roz and Chris have only just left Mars, setting this immediately after GodEngine.
- The Doctor, Chris and Roz spend several months infiltrating a terrorist cell.
- The Doctor, Roz and Chris spend a couple of months in 21st century Earth. The Doctor hints to Benny that he knows the circumstances of his regeneration.
- The back cover of the book places this between Return of the Living Dad and The Death of Art. In the audio adaptation, the Doctor mentions the events of The Day of the Doctor and The Sirens of Time.
- Chris unsuccessfully pretends to be the Fifth Doctor, setting this after Cold Fusion. It has been a few days since they witnessed Benny's reunion with her father in Return of the Living Dad, and the Doctor has been wandering the TARDIS alone during this time.
- When they arrive in New York City, the Doctor reassures his companions that the causal loop has been broken, setting this shortly after The Death of Art. Ending leads directly into So Vile a Sin.
- Roz dies leading her sister's forces into battle against the army of Emperor Walid as part of Leabie's revolution. The Doctor suffers a one sided heart attack at her funeral, and has a vision of Death tormenting him about his coming demise, which he confirms he knows the criteria behind. The Doctor begins wearing the clothes from Doctor Who.
- Set during Chris and Roz's time from with the Doctor.