This page lists Moonbases in chronological the order. This timeline is based upon observations of the Doctor Who universe and the events that occur during each of these stories.
- LARISA: No. While you remain on board the capsule I will use the lunar lander to join my fellow patriots in Moonbase Eisenhower.
- PERI: You’re dematerialising – leaving the warhead in the moonbase?
- DOCTOR: Well, do you remember reading in your history books about an American base on the moon in nineteen sixty-three? (AUDIO: 1963: The Space Race)
- "Demetrius’ feet rang out as he walked quickly through the corridor. He didn’t dare run; there was no running within Gagarin Base ... The base had been completed six months ago." (PROSE: Moon Blink)
- "The Laboratory was based in Washington and directly partnered with Horizon Base ... However, as the Project Horizon mission had now been completed and all those from the lunar base had now returned" (PROSE: Moon Blink)
- 'Base Diana was first set up in the mid 1970s. The quantum displacement link was just a theory then, so they relied on moonshots to deliver supplies, though we have ready access to water. No one knew how long they could carry on before someone found out and called a halt.' (PROSE: Apollo 23)
- NARRATOR: Out in space, on the distant side of the Moon...
- DOCTOR: One neutron bomb duly delivered. (COMIC: The Disintegrator)
- DOCTOR: Shush, Zoe. That light on the Moon's surface. Do you see it?
- ZOE: Doctor! It's getting bigger! It's coming towards us! (TV: The Invasion)
- LEADER: Inform Moonbase our signals are being detected. They must increase the distortion. (TV: Attack of the Cybermen)
- HEGELIA: Cybermen on beleaguered Telos had captured a time-traveling vessel in order to alter the course of established history. Cyber-forces were deployed in a sewer base on Earth, 1985 AD. They were also deployed in a ship on the far side of the Moon. When the Doctor was made to transport the Cybermen in the TARDIS to the 26th century and Telos, the Cyber-base in the sewer was sealed and abandonded. The Cyber-base on the Moon remained. But when Cyber-Control was destroyed so too was the time vessel which was their lifeline to Telos. This group represented the only CyberNeomorphs in existence, isolated by five centuries from the culture that created them. But we know there were other Cybermen in the solar system at this time. Early CyberFaction, distant ancestors of the Neomorphs, defeated fugitives from the Cyber-race's first invasion of Earth. There is compelling evidence that they too had a base on the dark side of the Moon. It is possible, even probable, that these two groups of refugees met and exchanged useful data. (AUDIO: The Ultimate Cybermen)
- 'This message is a recording. If there are any NASA personnel alive on Tranquillity Base, please contact Houston control urgently on Channel Three. I repeat: this is NASA Control, Houston, addressing the terrorists who have -' (PROSE: Eternity Weeps)
- "Been there more than once — indeed, he'd been to Moonbase One itself a few times over the centuries, where it had been used variously as everything from a weather control system to a prison to a huge children's amusement park."
- 'This base was set up in 2006 by the Unified Intelligence Taskforce as a tracking station, keeping an eye not just on Earth but out into space, a sort of early warning system in case of alien invasion.' (PROSE: Horror of the Space Snakes)
- "And when Moonbase Laika (itself named after a Russian dog that had ventured into space more than seventy years ago) had been established by World State, it seemed that his destiny lay up here."
- 'Then in 2023, UNIT passed it over to World State, because Private Enterprise could fund the research even better.' (PROSE: Horror of the Space Snakes)
- LUNDVIK: Minera Luna San Pedro. It was privately financed. They where doing a mineral survey up here ... They disappeared ten years ago. (TV: Kill the Moon)
- First lunar colony
- IAN: Craddock, tell us, how did it happen, the invasion of Earth? Everything.
- CRADDOCK: Have you been on a moon station or something? (TV: The Dalek Invasion of Earth)
- ‘Moonbase Academy, actually. They teach you to shoot rather well in all gravity conditions. So please don’t waste my time.’ (PROSE: The Dimension Riders)
Alternate Timeline Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.