This page lists appearances of Lucie Miller in the order in which she experienced them. This timeline is based upon observations of the Doctor Who universe and the events that occur during each of these stories. From these observations we have attempted to build a concise timeline. It is assumed, much like its TV story counterparts that for each novel or audio series their published/numbered order is the order they occur in. This does not apply to short stories which are often ambiguous about their placement. There are also many gaps between stories.
Travels with the Doctor Edit
- The Eighth Doctor is entrusted to keep Lucie safe in a "witness protection scheme". He tries to get rid of her, but finds that the TARDIS will keep returning to her every time he leaves without Lucie.
- After attempting to return Lucie to 21st century Blackpool, the Doctor asks her to become his official companion, which she accepts.
- Lucie gets kidnapped by the Headhunter, leading directly into Human Resources.
- The Doctor has reconciled with the Time Lords following the events of Zagreus. He learns that Lucie was mistakenly given to him by the Time Lords, but the two, having become firm friends, continue to travel together.
- Set between Human Resources and Dead London. Some months have passed since Blood of the Daleks. The Doctor is affected by an unknown power and spends the story in a trance-like state.
- The Doctor takes Lucie to celebrate her birthday on Castus Sigma.
- Ending leads directly into Island of the Fendahl.
- Set three weeks after The Dalek Trap. The Doctor discovers he has been under the influence of the Fendahl.
- The Doctor mentions the events of The Bodysnatchers. While fighting the Zygons, the Doctor witnesses the murder of Lucie's Auntie Pat, and, to spare Lucie's feelings, agrees to keep it secret while a Zygon poses as Pat.
- Ending leads directly into The Vengeance of Morbius.
Back on Earth Edit
- Lucie is living back in Blackpool, and in December 2009, she answers the door after her future self knocks on the door, before quickly leaving after realising the year.
- Ending leads directly into Orbis.
Renewed travels Edit
- The Doctor has spent six hundred years on Orbis. After this story, a stellar manipulator follows the Doctor's TARDIS until Eight Truths. Any story where the Doctor and Lucie stay in one location for longer than a few days cannot take place here.
- The Doctor is still recovering from the events of Orbis.
- Lucie spends two weeks in 1974. The Doctor recalls visiting Paris during World War II, setting this after The Scapegoat.
- Ending leads directly into Worldwide Web.
- Exhausted from their fight against the Eight Legs, Lucie and the Doctor decide to spend Christmas in Blackpool, leading into Death in Blackpool.
- Whilst visiting Blackpool for Christmas, Lucie discovers that the Doctor had hidden the death of her Auntie Pat from her, and decides to leave his company due to the losing faith in him.
Travels with the Meddling Monk Edit
- Lucie answers an advert to become the Monk's companion and joins him in his TARDIS.
- Lucie rejoins The Doctor after being kicked out of the Monk's TARDIS. The Doctor subsequently decides to treat her to the perfect Christmas dinner.
Settling down on Earth Edit
- After hosting a Christmas dinner with Susan Foreman and Alex Campbell, Lucie decides to stay on Earth and travel with Alex.
- Lucie summons the Doctor back to Earth.
- Lucie contracts the plague and becomes partially blind, and has to use calipers to walk. Ending leads directly into To the Death.
- Lucie, along with Alex and Tamsin, is killed fighting the Daleks.