This page lists appearances of Liv Chenka in the order in which she experienced them. This timeline is based upon observations of the Doctor Who universe and the events that occur during each of these stories. From these observations we have attempted to build a concise timeline. It is assumed, much like its TV story counterparts that for each novel or audio series their published/numbered order is the order they occur in. This does not apply to short stories which are often ambiguous about their placement. There are also many gaps between stories.
Initial encounters with the Doctor Edit
- Liv encounters the Seventh Doctor while she is serving aboard the Lorelei. He seems to be evaluating Liv as a potential companion, and the TARDIS took a liking to her.
Fighting the Eminence Edit
- The Doctor, Molly and Liv encounter the Master during their fight with the Eminence.
- Liv mentions the Orpheus from Time's Horizon.
- Narvin sends Liv to aid the Doctor in his search for the Master.
- The Doctor has to stop travelling with Molly because them being together is threatening the universe. However, Liv joins him as his new companion.
- After failing to find Molly, the Doctor and Liv find out that the TARDIS has been stolen.
- The Doctor and Liv retrieve the TARDIS from the Dalek Time Controller, but the damage to its systems causes the TARDIS to begin crashing.
- Recovering from the crash in Moscow, the Doctor steals the Master's TARDIS to rescue Liv and Molly from the Eye of Orion.
Facing the Doom Coalition Edit
- The Doctor and Liv battle the Doctor's old foe, the Eleven, but are unable to prevent his escape. The Doctor's hair has grown back to its old length and style, and Liv has been traveling with him for "years".
- Hunting the Eleven to 1963, the Doctor and Liv get side-tracked fighting the Red Lady with the aid of language scholar Helen Sinclair, who joins them in the TARDIS after they inadvertently get her fired from her job.
- This is Helen's first trip into the past. Ending leads into The Satanic Mill.
- Going to Stegmoor to recuperate from the events of The Satanic Mill, the Doctor, Liv and Helen learn from the Voord that the timeline is being interfered with, and set out to discover why.
- Seeking the cause of Voord homeworld's ruination, the Doctor, Liv and Helen are tricked by Time Lady Caleera into helping her escape the Time Vortex.
- Liv gets a phone call from her father before he died. They find a piece of the Doomsday Chronometer in Calcot.
- The Doctor, Liv and Helen are searching for pieces of the Doomsday Chronometer in separate locations. Liv travels to 15th century Prague where she faces the The Clocksmith.
- The Doomsday Chronometer is fully assembled by the Doctor, Liv, Helen and River Song, who the Doctor goes with to find Doomsday in the deceased Clocksmith's TARDIS.
- The Doctor discovers that Padrac is the leader of the Doom Coalition the Eleven is in league with, and he, Liv, and Helen get trapped in a space capsule heading to the End of the Universe in a disintegrating Time Vortex. Liv explains regeneration to Helen.
- The Doctor, Liv and Helen escape the Vortex by destroying the capsule and riding the shockwave back into normal time.
- Authorial intend places this a long time before The Night of the Doctor. (VOR 97) Liv and Helen are separated from the Doctor and encounter River Song again.
- When the Eleven takes her hostage in a Battle TARDIS to foil the Doctor's plan to defeat Padrac, Helen rams the Battle TARDIS into the Resonance Engine, foiling Padrac's scheme and turning Caleera into the Red Lady. Convinced of her survival, the Doctor and Liv go searching for Helen.
Searching for Helen Edit
- The Doctor and Liv are summoned by Winston Churchill during their attempt to find Helen. The TARDIS is calculating the route most likely taken by the Eleven's Battle TARDIS.
- The TARDIS is dragged off the course taken by the Eleven's Battle TARDIS by a disturbance in the vortex.
- The Doctor and Liv find Helen with the Eleven at Rykerzon. Ending leads directly into Sweet Salvation.
- Defeating the Eleven and the Kandyman's plan take over Colony 23, the Doctor and Liv welcome Helen back on to the TARDIS, though with the Doctor suspicious of how her time with the Eleven has affected her. The Doctor decides that the TARDIS crew are in need of a holiday and promises to take them "somewhere special", leading into Escape from Kaldor.
Staying on Kaldor Edit
- Seeking a holiday after the recent events of Sweet Salvation, the Doctor brings Liv and Helen to Kaldor, where Liv opts to stay for a year to reconcile with her sister.
- Set directly after Escape from Kaldor.
- A week has passed since Liv left the Doctor and Helen.
- Set a couple of months after The Robots of Life.
Return of the Ravenous Edit
- After the Doctor and Helen jump forward a year in the TARDIS to collect Liv, the Doctor decides that the TARDIS crew should celebrate Christmas on Earth, leading into Better Watch Out.
- Ending leads directly into Fairytale of Salzburg.
- Ending leads directly into Deeptime Frontier. The TARDIS is stolen by the Eleven.
- Ending leads directly into Companion Piece. The Eleven joins the TARDIS crew.
- The Eleven gives the Doctors directions on where to find Liv and Helen.
- Set immediately after Companion Piece, with Liv and Helen still reacting to the Eleven's presence in the TARDIS.
- Liv has met three legends in one week, setting this shortly after L.E.G.E.N.D..