This page lists appearances of K9 Mark III in the order in which he experienced them. This timeline is based on observations of the Doctor Who universe and the events in each of these stories. From these observations we have attempted to build a concise timeline. It is assumed, much like their TV story counterparts, that each novel or audio series their published/numbered order is the order they occur in.
The layout of this timeline is based in part on the observations on Doctor Who Reference Guide and Doctor Who - The Complete Adventures, Lance Parkin's AHistory and other sources that allow us to make observations, such as DocOhoReviews, The History of the Doctor, The Discontinuity Guide, Clive Banks Databank, the Big Finish forums and The Divergent Universe forums. None of these sources should be used solely as a source or considered a "true" timeline for stories.
Travels with the Doctor Edit
With Sarah Jane Edit
- K9 is found by Sarah Jane in 1981, three years after the Doctor left him to her in her previous house.
- Sarah believes the Doctor did not live past his fourth life, until K9 tells her that he did regenerate, setting this before The Five Doctors.
- PROSE: Powerstone
- PROSE: The Shroud of Azaroth
- PROSE: Hound of Hell
- PROSE: The Monster of Loch Crag
- PROSE: Horror Hotel
- PROSE: The Curse of Kanbo-Ala
- COMIC: City of Devils
- PROSE: The Sow in Rut
- TV: The Five Doctors
- PROSE: Farewells
- PROSE: Housewarming
- Sarah remembers meeting the Master in The Five Doctors
- Set in 1996.
- K9 is beginning to break down.
- K9 shuts down.
- K9 Mark III somehow survives and is used as inspiration for the construction of his predecessor, Mark I.