This page lists appearances of the Intrusion Counter-Measures Group in the order in which they experienced them. This timeline is based upon observations of the Doctor Who universe and the events that occur during each of these stories. It is assumed, much like their TV story counterparts that for each novel or audio series their published/numbered order is the order they occur in.
This page was mainly create to highlight the fact that the Counter-Measures part of The Worlds of Doctor Who (The Reesinger Process) is misplaced as occurring after the third series of the Big Finish audios, whereas statements in The Forgotten Village directly contradict this.
Limiting factors Edit
All stories must be set during or after Remembrance of the Daleks, since this is the first appearance of what becomes the Counter-Measures group.
- Group Captain Ian Gilmore, Professor Rachel Jensen and Dr Allison Williams appear for the first time.
- Reappearance of above characters and first appearance of Sir Toby Kinsella. It is stated that Ian is trying to get Counter-Measures off the ground.
- 1964 - AUDIO: Threshold
- 1964 - AUDIO: Artificial Intelligence
- 1964 - AUDIO: The Pelage Project
- 1964 - AUDIO: The Reesinger Process
- Sir Toby mentions the Pelage incident and refers to the upcoming general election.
- Alison tells Ace that they have gained a lot more experience since the last time they met. Set 10 years before 1974.
- March 1965 - AUDIO: Manhunt
- 1965 - AUDIO: The Fifth Citadel
- 1965 - AUDIO: Peshka
- 1965 - AUDIO: Sins of the Fathers
- 1965 - AUDIO: Changing of the Guard
- 1965 - AUDIO: The Concrete Cage
- 1965 - AUDIO: The Forgotten Village
- Rachel refers to Allison's experiences in The Reesinger Process and with Julian in State of Emergency in that order, placing The Reesinger Process as above.
- Series 4 follows directly on from the end of series 3.
- Group Captain Gilmore contacts the Doctor and Ace to help investigate a spaceship found in the South Australian desert.
- Alison witnesses Jo Grant dying in a temporal portal.
- 25 December 1973 - AUDIO: Who Killed Toby Kinsella?
- 25 December 1973 - AUDIO: The Dead Don't Rise
- 1970s - AUDIO: Nothing to See Here
- 1970s - AUDIO: Troubled Waters
- 1970s - AUDIO: The Phoenix Strain
- 1970s - AUDIO: A Gamble With Time
- 1970s - AUDIO: The Splintered Man
- 1970s - AUDIO: The Ship of the Sleepwalkers
- 1970s - AUDIO: My Enemy's Enemy
- 1970s - AUDIO: Time of the Intelligence
- 1970s - AUDIO: The Hollow King
- 1974 - AUDIO: The Split Infinitive
- Goldfinger was released 10 years ago. In the real world it was released in 1964, however in the DWU it must be no earlier than November 1963. To account for Countermeasures increased experience during the 1960s Segments, it is most likely that a 1964/1974 setting is accurate.