This page lists appearances of Helen Sinclair in the order in which she experienced them. This timeline is based upon observations of the Doctor Who universe and the events that occur during each of these stories. From these observations we have attempted to build a concise timeline. It is assumed, much like its TV story counterparts that for each novel or audio series their published/numbered order is the order they occur in. This does not apply to short stories which are often ambiguous about their placement. There are also many gaps between stories.
Facing the Doom Coalition Edit
- Hunting the Eleven to 1963, the Doctor and Liv get side-tracked fighting the Red Lady with the aid of language scholar Helen Sinclair, who joins them in the TARDIS after they inadvertently get her fired from her job. Ending leads directly into The Galileo Trap.
- This is Helen's first trip into the past. Ending leads into The Satanic Mill.
- The Doctor decides that they need to take a holiday following recent events, leading into Beachhead.
- Going to Stegmoor to recuperate from the events of The Satanic Mill, the Doctor, Liv and Helen learn from the Voord that the timeline is being interfered with, and set out to discover why.
- Seeking the cause of Voord homeworld's ruination witnessed in Beachhead, the Doctor, Liv and Helen are tricked by Time Lady Caleera into helping her escape the Time Vortex. Ending leads directly into The Gift.
- The Doctor, Liv and Helen receives a card from River Song, summoning them to Syra and leading into The Sonomancer.
- The Doctor, Liv and Helen encounter River Song for the first time on Syra after responding to her summons.
- The Doctor, Liv and Helen arrive in England during the late twentieth century, after the Doctor fails to get them to Gallifrey.
- The Doctor, Liv and Helen are searching for pieces of the Doomsday Chronometer in separate locations. Liv travels to 15th century Prague where she faces the The Clocksmith.
- The Doomsday Chronometer is fully assembled by the Doctor, Liv, Helen and River Song, who the Doctor goes with to find Doomsday in the deceased Clocksmith's TARDIS.
- The Doctor discovers that Padrac is the leader of the Doom Coalition the Eleven is in league with, and he, Liv, and Helen get trapped in a space capsule heading to the End of the Universe in a disintegrating Time Vortex. Liv explains regeneration to Helen. Ending leads directly into Ship in a Bottle.
- The Doctor, Liv and Helen escape the Vortex by destroying the capsule and riding the shockwave back into normal time. Ending leads directly into Songs of Love.
- Authorial intend places this a long time before The Night of the Doctor. (VOR 97) Liv and Helen are separated from the Doctor and encounter River Song again. Ending leads directly into The Side Of The Angels.
- Ending leads directly into Stop the Clock.
- When the Eleven takes her hostage in a Battle TARDIS to foil the Doctor's plan to defeat Padrac, Helen rams the Battle TARDIS into the Resonance Engine, foiling Padrac's scheme and turning Caleera into the Red Lady. Convinced of her survival, the Doctor and Liv go searching for Helen.
Imprisonment on Rykerzon Edit
- Ending leads directly into Sweet Salvation.
- The Doctor promises to take Liv and Helen somewhere special.
Return of the Ravenous Edit
- Following their ordeal on Rykerzon, the Doctor takes Liv and Helen to Kaldor to reunite Liv with her sister. Liv takes a year long leave of absence on Kaldor while The Doctor and Helen jump forward a year in the TARDIS to pick her up. The Doctor suggests that they celebrate Christmas next, leading into Better Watch Out.
- Ending leads directly into Fairytale of Salzburg.
- Ending leads directly into Deeptime Frontier. The TARDIS is stolen by the Eleven.
- Ending leads directly into Companion Piece. The Eleven joins the TARDIS crew.
- The Eleven gives the Doctors directions on where to find Liv and Helen.
- Set immediately after Companion Piece, with Liv and Helen still reacting to the Eleven's presence in the TARDIS.
- Liv has met three legends in one week, setting this shortly after L.E.G.E.N.D..
Stranded on Earth Edit
- The Doctor, Liv and Helen have been standed in 2020 London since The Day of the Master, which was six weeks ago. They are currently living at Baker Street, where they meet Tania Bell.
- The TARDIS is partially restored, leading the Doctor to plan a test flight.