This page lists appearances of Harry Sullivan in the order in which he experienced them. This timeline is based on observations of the Doctor Who universe and the events in each of these stories. From these observations we have attempted to build a concise timeline. It is assumed, much like their TV story counterparts, that each novel or audio series their published/numbered order is the order they occur in.
The layout of this timeline is based in part on the observations on Doctor Who Reference Guide and Doctor Who - The Complete Adventures, Lance Parkin's AHistory and other sources that allow us to make observations, such as DocOhoReviews, The History of the Doctor, The Discontinuity Guide, Clive Banks Databank, the Big Finish forums and The Divergent Universe forums. None of these sources should be used solely as a source or considered a "true" timeline for stories.
Early life Edit
- The Brigadier meets Harry Sullivan for the first time.
- Harry is contacted by the Brigadier concerning a medical emergency, but is quickly told not to bother.
Travels in the TARDIS Edit
- Harry is taking his first trip in the TARDIS, setting this directly after Robot. The TARDIS crew arrive at the Nerva Beacon due to Harry fiddling with TARDIS, and volunteer to beam down to Earth to do repairs, leading directly into The Sontaran Experiment.
- The TARDIS crew fix the faulty equipment on Earth and beam back to the Nerva Beacon.
- Set immediately after The Sontaran Experiment. The Time Lords intercept to transmat beam and give the Doctor a Time Ring and a mission on Skaro, where the Doctor meets Davros and witnesses the creation of the Daleks.
- The Doctor, Sarah and Harry are scattered across the Adelphine Cluster due to temporal disruption interfering with the Time Ring, setting this immediately after Genesis of the Daleks.
- The Doctor, Sarah and Harry are still using the Time Ring, setting this shortly after Genesis of the Daleks.
- Just as they retrieve the TARDIS from the Nerva Beacon, the TARDIS crew receive a summons from the Brigadier, leading into Terror of the Zygons.
- The TARDIS still needs time to recover from the solar flare radiation from Revenge of the Cybermen.
- The Doctor is attempting to travel to Scotland, but the TARDIS is knocked off course and arrives on the Zephyr instead.
- The Doctor and his companions expect to find the Loch Ness on exiting the TARDIS, setting this shortly before Terror of the Zygons.
- The Doctor, Sarah and Harry are wearing their costumes from Terror of the Zygons. The TARDIS is knocked off course after an attempt to get to Scotland. After returning Godric to the arthurian times, the TARDIS makes its way to Scotland, leading into Terror of the Zygons.
- Ending leads directly into Terror of the Zygons.
- The TARDIS crew make it to Scotland, and Harry decides to remain on Earth with UNIT.
Return to duty Edit
- The Doctor and Sarah leave UNIT HQ to take a trip in the TARDIS. The Brigadier is not happy and questions Harry on their whereabouts.
- The Doctor alludes to the recent events of Terror of the Zygons and The Android Invasion.
- The Doctor and Harry's cameo takes place immediately after The Last Broadcast.
Life after the Doctor Edit
- Harry has left the TARDIS.
- Sarah and Harry haven't seen the Doctor in years.
- Set in 1983. It is roughly ten years since Harry left UNIT and gave up his travels in the TARDIS.
- Set in 1998. Harry is roughly 20 years older than when Sarah Jane last saw him, in The Android Invasion.
- Set in 1999.
- Set in 2001.
- At the end of the audio version, Harry Sullivan emerges from the TARDIS, following the Third Doctor and Sarah's departure in a previous version of the TARDIS. (instead of Jeremy Fitzoliver)