This page lists appearances of the Chris Cwej in the order in which he experienced them. This timeline is based upon observations of the Doctor Who universe and the events that occur during each of these stories. From these observations we have attempted to build a concise timeline. It is assumed, much like its TV story counterparts that for each novel or audio series their published/numbered order is the order they occur in. This does not apply to short stories which are often ambiguous about their placement. There are also many gaps between stories.
Travels with the Doctor, Benny, and Roz Edit
- The Doctor and Benny are joined by Adjudicators Roz Forrester and Chris Cwej, who wish to escape the corruption and manipulation rife on Earth in their time.
- Three-odd subjective years have passed since Love and War. Two days have passed since Original Sin, however this time was spent inside the TARDIS.
- Set immediately after Sky Pirates!
- Set two weeks after Toy Soldiers. Ending leads directly into The Also People.
- Ending leads directly into Warchild.
- Set immediately after Sleepy. Jason Kane proposes to Benny, and she accepts, leading into Happy Endings.
- A flashback set during Death and Diplomacy.
- Benny leaves the Doctor's company after her wedding to Jason Kane. The Doctor retrieves his original TARDIS from the Charrl after it was lost to him during Blood Heat.
Travels with the Doctor and Roz Edit
- The Doctor, Roz and Chris have only just left Benny and Jason's wedding, setting this immediately after Happy Endings.
- The Doctor, Roz and Chris have only just left Mars, setting this immediately after GodEngine.
- The Doctor, Chris and Roz spend several months infiltrating a terrorist cell.
- The Doctor, Roz and Chris spend a couple of months in 21st century Earth. The Doctor hints to Benny that he knows the circumstances of his regeneration.
- The back cover of the book places this between Return of the Living Dad and The Death of Art. In the audio adaptation, the Doctor mentions the events of The Day of the Doctor and The Sirens of Time.
- Chris unsuccessfully pretends to be the Fifth Doctor, setting this after Cold Fusion. It has been a few days since they witnessed Benny's reunion with her father in Return of the Living Dad, and the Doctor has been wandering the TARDIS alone during this time.
- When they arrive in New York City, the Doctor reassures his companions that the causal loop has been broken, setting this shortly after The Death of Art. Ending leads directly into So Vile a Sin.
- Roz dies leading her sister's forces into battle against the army of Emperor Walid as part of Leabie's revolution. The Doctor suffers a one sided heart attack at her funeral, and has a vision of Death tormenting him about his coming demise, which he confirms he knows the criteria behind. The Doctor begins wearing the clothes from Doctor Who.
Alone with the Doctor Edit
- Set several weeks after So Vile a Sin, but nothing much has happened in the interim.
- The Doctor and Chris have recovered from the shock of Roz' death.
- Set shortly after Eternity Weeps, with Chris still traumatised by Liz's death. The Doctor knows that "Time won't have her Champion for much longer."
- The Doctor returns to the House of Lungbarrow on Gallifrey, and also sees Ace there. Chris decides to travel alone using a Time ring given to him by Romana. The Doctor is sent on a mission by the Time Lords to pick up the Master's remains on Skaro, and is also given a new sonic screwdriver by Romana.
Working for the Time Lords Edit
- Chris is exposed to deadly levels of radiation during the Great House's final Invasion of the Bottle universe.
- Since the events of Dead Romance, Chris has regenerated into a new body for the first time.
- Chris regains his original body when the Ferutu reverse his personal timeline back to when he was thirteen years old. The Ferutu also remove the memory blocks forced upon him by the Time Lords resulting in Chris ending his association with them.
Striking out on his own Edit
- Chris has now grown up again since the events of Twilight of the Gods.
- Set in the post-war universe. Chris refers to the Doctor as the "Evil Renegade" and appears to show contempt for him. He also refers to his time working with the Time Lords, however notes that that "may not have happened anymore".