This page lists the order of stories in the Doctor Who Universe timeline from 1 January 1800 to 31 December 1899. (For the purposes of this timeline, 1800 will be considered part of the 19th century given the "Year 0" discrepancy.) This timeline is based upon observations of the Doctor Who universe and the events that occur during each of these stories.
The layout of this timeline is in part based on the observations on Doctor Who - The Complete Adventures, as well as Lance Parkin's AHistory and other sources that allow us to make observations, such as Doctor Who Reviews, Clive Banks databanks, and LegoK9's timeline. None of these sources should be used solely as a source or considered a "true" timeline for stories.
- Only list stories. References to dates that the story does not take place in are to be excluded.
- Stories without any clear indication of an era should be omitted. (e.g. TV: Mummy on the Orient Express)
- Many stories will contradict each other, so these contradictions should be noted but treated equally. (e.g. TV: The Enemy of the World and other stories set in 2018)
- Direct quotes indicating the time period the story takes place should be provided. (Quotes sourced from another story should indicate the story it is from.)
Format (list all available):
- Day Month Year - MEDIUM: Story title
- CHARACTER/TEXT/NOTE: Indication of time period