This page lists appearances of 13 Bannerman Road in chronological order. This timeline is based upon observations of the Doctor Who universe and the events that occur during each of these stories. From these observations we have attempted to build a concise timeline. It is assumed that for each novel, comic, audio or television series, their published, broadcast or numbered order is the order they occur in.
Fan sources like the Doctor Who Reference Guide should not be used solely as a source or considered a "true" timeline for stories.
Any story with Maria, Luke and Clyde on the team must be after TV: Revenge of the Slitheen and before TV: The Last Sontaran. Any story with Clyde and Rani must be after TV: The Last Sontaran. Any story with K9 Mark IV defending the black hole must be between TV: Invasion of the Bane and TV: The Mad Woman in the Attic. Any story with K9 freely around in Bannerman Road must be after TV: The Mad Woman in the Attic and before TV: The Nightmare Man. Any story with Luke at Oxford with K9 must be after TV: The Nightmare Man. Any story with Sky must be after TV: Sky.
Bannerman Road gang beginsEdit
- At least "a year and a half" following School Reunion. Sarah Jane meets Maria Jackson adopts Luke Smith, who was "born a thirteen year old boy".
- Takes place shortly after Invasion of the Bane at the start of a new year at Park Vale Comprehensive School. Maria and Luke, who is now "fourteen", befriend Clyde Langer. Luke and Clyde are classmates in form 10B
- Alan tells Chrissie that she took their home apart "six months ago", setting this story at most that long since Invasion of the Bane.
- Continues from Whatever Happened to Sarah Jane?. "Jay Stafford" claims that "Ashley Stafford", actually Luke, has been missing for five months, setting this story at least that long since Invasion of the Bane.
- Leads directly into Journey's End.
- Luke is still "fourteen".
Rani joins the gangEdit
- Rani Chandra moves into Bannerman Road and becomes a part of Sarah Jane's gang. It has been a "while" since the disappearance of Park Vale headmaster Greg Blakeman, from Revenge of the Slitheen. Haresh observes that Luke has shown impressive results over the "past year".
- Rani meets Maria Jackson for the first time, via a video call. Clyde is fifteen years old.
- Whatever Happened to Sarah Jane? took place "last year".
- The black hole K9 Mark IV guarded is swallowed up.
- Sarah Jane nearly marries Peter Dalton as part of a plot concocted by the Trickster. The Tenth Doctor appears to foil his plans, meeting Luke, Clyde, and Rani for the first time as he does.
- Luke and Clyde are now in form 11T.
- Luke is now "fifteen".
- Present day setting is 2009. Sarah Jane meets the Tenth Doctor again, and she has a photograph of herself and the Tenth Doctor from her wedding day to Peter Dalton, setting this between The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith and The End of Time.
- Sarah and Luke see the Tenth Doctor for the final time, with Sarah sensing that he is about to regenerate. (TV: Death of the Doctor)
Luke leaves for universityEdit
- Luke leaves for Oxford with K9.
- Sarah Jane meets the Eleventh Doctor. She alludes to the events of School Reunion, which she recalls took place "about four years ago".
- Sky is adopted by Sarah Jane.
- "Barely a month" following Sky.
- Luke has gone through seven mobile phones in "the past two years.
Later life Edit
- Sarah Jane catches up with the Eleventh Doctor, mentioning that she intends to meet with Luke in twenty minutes. The Doctor hands her a fez, instructing her to deliver it to Clyde for him.
- Friends of Sarah Jane and the Doctor attend Sarah's funeral.
- Set in 2059. Rani, now a grandmather, is living at 13 Bannerman Road.