The Wreck of the World was the fourth and final story of the fourth series of The Early Adventures, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Timothy X. Atack, narrated by Wendy Padbury and Frazer Hines and featured the Second Doctor, Jamie McCrimmon and Zoe Heriot.
Publisher's summary Edit
Undergoing repairs in deep space, the TARDIS is caught in a collision with the huge, decaying wreck of a starship. Zoe, spacewalking, is separated from her companions in the crash, and the Doctor and Jamie wake to find the TARDIS fused to the side of the ship.
And they are not alone. A terrible suspension chamber is filled with dead, withered human bodies, and a team of gun-toting astronauts are stalking the corridors. But a far greater threat lurks deep inside. The terrifying force responsible for the scuttling of the ship is active once more — and if it can't be stopped, it won't just be the end of this World. It'll be the end of all of them.
to be added
- Zoe Heriot/Narrator - Wendy Padbury
- Jamie McCrimmon/The Doctor - Frazer Hines
- The Nostic - Rosanna Miles
- Commander Lorne - Judith Roddy
- Twenty - Adam Newington
- Porthintus - Don McCorkindale
- Professor Blavatsky - Richenda Carey
- This is both the last Early Adventures release and Second Doctor audio story to use the sidebar cover layout.
- The Second Doctor notes that a million and a half years have passed since the Battle of Culloden, give or take. (TV: The Highlanders)