Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
The Drome was set up with the best - or at least the most blatantly venal - of intentions. A self-contained planetoid-community, wired with microcams, designed to pump out product to the GalNet media-stream twenty-six hours a Galactic Standard Day.
But now the Medium is rotting minds and turning them to murder. The machine is turning out brain-dead zombies, setting them to stumble through the twists and turns of some inhuman and unguessable plan - and Professor Bernice Summerfield, and her ex-husband Jason, are caught in the middle of it!
Now Benny finds herself in a desperate fight for her life. A fight so desperate that she will be forced to do something she has never done before, a horror that she never imagined she could bring herself to commit. The worst thing in the world.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Bernice Summerfield - Lisa Bowerman
- Jason Kane - Stephen Fewell
- Marvin Glass - Bernard Holley
- Hannah Glass - Jane Milligan
- Jane Peters - Jenny Livsey
- Zombettes - Sean Connolly, Simon Guerrier, Joseph Lidster, Edward Salt
References[edit | edit source]
- Benny uses a dictaphone.
- Reference is made to the Galactic Transit Core, bubble-chip technology, the Infinity Division, transputonics, transputers, temporal reality and sector security.
- The "singularity" is essentially "god-grade A.I." Marvin becomes the "god box," an A.I. with a god complex.
- Cabin fever feeds on itself, and usually takes an outsider to see it.
- Benny's favourite colour is turquoise.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Benny (Lisa Bowerman) sings to bring the story — that she's stuck in — to a happy conclusion. The full version of the song "Happy Place," composed by Caroline Hrycek-Robinson, is on track 25 of the CD.
- This audio drama was recorded on 17 and 31 July 2006.