The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Aspects of production covered[edit | edit source]
- Russell T Davies talks about each game show and how the Who team managed to have three of them.
- Channel 4 granting permission to feature Big Brother and designing a logo variant specifically for this.
- Millennium FX, who created the game show robots, explains how they made them and their designs.
- John Barrowman and Russell speak about the nude scene; originally John's buttocks were to be seen in several scenes, but the BBC asked Who to remove these scenes. Russell states he has seen people's bums on Neighbours, a show which is on earlier than Doctor Who. John Barrowman also jokes he was upset that his bottom was cut out!
- Russell explains the Bad Wolf story and the Daleks' return.
- The difficulties of the Anne Droid costume, and ensuring that Alan Ruscoe was in good health throughout filming the Weakest Link scenes.
Additional topics covered[edit | edit source]
- US conventions, with filming at Gallifrey One 16.
- Mastermind: Doctor Who Special
- The opening of the Doctor Who Exhibition, Brighton Pier.
People interviewed[edit | edit source]
- Alan Ruscoe, Anne Droid
- Neill Gorton, Creature Effects Designer
- Charlie Bluett, Senior Technician
- Russell T Davies, Head Writer
- Paterson Joseph, Rodrick
- Phil Collinson, Producer, Doctor Who
- Billie Piper, Rose Tyler
- John Humphrys, Presenter
- Katy Manning, Jo Grant
- Peter Davison, The Fifth Doctor
- Tom Baker, The Fourth Doctor
- Shaun Lyon, Convention Organiser
- Elisabeth Sladen, Sarah Jane Smith
- Richard Franklin, Captain Mike Yates
- Colin Baker, The Sixth Doctor
- Nicholas Courtney, Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart
- Sylvester McCoy, The Seventh Doctor
- Tim Davis, Vendor
- Nicola Bryant, Peri
- Gary Russell, Producer, Big Finish Productions
- Jason Mannix, Exhibition Organiser
- John Barrowman, Captain Jack Harkness
Music list[edit | edit source]
- "Every Day Should Be A Holiday" by The Dandy Warhols, Album: Essential Soundtracks - The New Movie Collection
- "Battle Without Honour Or Honour" by Tomoyasu Hotei, Album: Kill Bill Volume 1 Soundtrack
- "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" by Andy Williams, Album: Bridget Jones
- "Do What You Want To Do" by T Connection, Album: The Best Disco Album In The World - Ever!
- "A Cup Of Coffee" by Eddie And The Eggs, Album: A Selection Of Smouldering Deep House Grooves
- "The Sea" by Morcheeba, Album: Big Calm
- "Ready To Go" by Republica, Album: The Best Album In The World - Ever!
Crew[edit | edit source]
- Camera - Mat Bryant, Eric Huyton, Aled Jenkins, Andy Smith
- Sound - Kevin Meredith, Les Mowbray, Phil Turner, Roger Van K
- Runners - Nic Britz, Bethan Evans, Maxine Hughes, Lucy Lutman
- Junior Researcher - Alexander Gratton
- Researchers - Zoë Rushton, Stephen Thomas
- Assistant Producer - Geoff Evans
- Production Co-ordinator - Hannah Simpson
- Production Managers - Catherine Gosling, Zoë Scott
- Editor - Lee Buers
- Colourist - Jon Everett
- Dubbing - Peter Jeffreys
- Executive Producers for Dr Who - Russell T Davies, Julie Gardner, Mal Young
- Executive Producer - Mark Cossey
- Series Producer - Gillane Seaborne
- Produced & Directed by - Adam Page
Elements retained in Cut Down[edit | edit source]
to be added
Home video releases[edit | edit source]
The "Cut Down" version of the episode is available on the Doctor Who: The Complete First Series DVD box set.
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.