The Word Lord was the fourth story in the audio anthology, Forty-Five, which comprised the one hundred and fifteenth release in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Steven Hall and featured Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor, Sophie Aldred as Ace and Philip Olivier as Hex.
Publisher's summary Edit
In a top secret military bunker deep beneath the Antarctic ice a mysterious death threatens peace negotiations and could spell disaster for the inhabitants of Earth. Can the Doctor cross the t's and dot the i's? Or will his efforts get lost in translation?
to be added
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Ace - Sophie Aldred
- Hex - Philip Olivier
- Commander Claire Spencer - Linda Marlowe
- Nobody No-One - Paul Reynolds
- Captain James Hurst - Andrew Dickens
- Private Fenton - Paul Lincoln
- System - Beth Chalmers
- This story was made available individually in 2010 as a special download on the Big Finish site to tie-in with the story A Death in the Family, a sequel to it.
- The Doctor previously visited Antarctica in December 1986 towards the end of his first incarnation (TV: The Tenth Planet) and in the 1970s during his fourth incarnation. (TV: The Seeds of Doom) He would also visit it in his seventh incarnation in 2006 (PROSE: Iceberg) and 2012, (AUDIO: Frozen Time) and at the end of his twelfth incarnation, also during December 1986. (TV: The Doctor Falls, Twice Upon a Time)
- The Fifth Doctor and his former companion Tegan Jovanka were involved in the circumstances surrounding System's creation in Brisbane, Australia on 22 September 2006. (AUDIO: The Gathering)
- The Doctor, Ace and Hex would later encounter Nobody No-One once again in London in 2026. (AUDIO: A Death in the Family)