The Wishing Beast was the three-part story comprising part of the ninety-seventh release in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Paul Magrs and featured Colin Baker as the Sixth Doctor and Bonnie Langford as Melanie Bush.
This was the second three-part Sixth Doctor audio story and the first to feature Mel as his companion in a three part story.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
What can it mean when the Doctor and Mel are drawn to an asteroid by a message from the strange, elderly Applewhite sisters? The travellers are promised that they will receive their dearest wishes when they enter the frozen forests of this benighted shard of a world. But the ghosts that haunt this place are desperate to warn the Doctor about the sisters' promises. Only the ghosts know the true nature of the legendary Wishing Beast.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Melanie Bush - Bonnie Langford
- Maria - Jean Marsh
- Eliza - Geraldine Newman
- Ghost/Mildew - Sean Connolly
- Daniel/Ghost Brother - Toby Sawyer
- The Wishing Beast - Toby Longworth
- Female Ghost - Rachel Laurence
References[edit | edit source]
to be added
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This CD includes two stories. Rather than the two-disc-four-episode format, there are two stories: The Wishing Beast (three parts) and The Vanity Box (one part), which is also a prequel and sequel to The Wishing Beast.
- An illustrated preview was published in DWM 384 by Martin Geraghty.
- This audio drama was recorded on 14 and 17 May 2007 at The Moat Studios.
- This story is set between The Trial of a Time Lord and Time and the Rani.
- This was the first performed three-part Sixth Doctor story since TV: The Two Doctors.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor and Mel would later encounter the Wishing Beast at an earlier point of its existence in Salford in 1965. (AUDIO: The Vanity Box)
[edit | edit source]
- Official The Wishing Beast page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for The Wishing Beast at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide