The Winning Side was the first novel in the Time Hunter series published by Telos Publishing. It was written by Lance Parkin. The book crossed-over with the world of the George Orwell novel Nineteen Eighty-four.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Emily is dead. Killed by an unknown assailant. Honoré Lechasseur is called to identify the body, but who should arrive there as well but Emily! Honoré and Emily find themselves caught up in a plot reaching from the future to their past, and with their very existence, not to mention the future of the entire world, at stake, can they unravel the mystery before it's too late?
Part mystery, part detective story, part dark fantasy, part science fiction ... original adventures in time and space.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Bloomsbury is the part of London where writers live. The British Museum is located there.
- Honore tells a shopkeeper that a Roman coin he has is from Bath, 318, made of Cornish gold.
- Honore had seen corpses before in Normandy.
- The corpse of Emily is found under Hammersmith Bridge.
- Honore has read Charles Dickens and knows about Scrooge.
- Emily mentions the atomic bombs dropped on Japan at the end of the Second World War.
- Radford mentions an attack on Cairo, failing to specify whether or not the city was destroyed in the conflict.
- Joseph Stalin was responsible for destroying the planet in an atomic war. The Party took control of the world afterwards.
- Amanda has read the works of Karl Marx, Friedrich Engels and George Orwell.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Audio release[edit | edit source]
- The story was released as an audiobook read by Louise Jameson.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]