The Whispering Forest was the one hundred and thirty-seventh story in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Stephen Cole and featured Peter Davison as the Fifth Doctor, Sarah Sutton as Nyssa, Janet Fielding as Tegan Jovanka and Mark Strickson as Turlough.
It was the second Big Finish audio story in the 2010 Fifth Doctor season. It continued a series of stories starring Davison, Sutton, Fielding and Strickson, who were reunited as a TARDIS team for their first new Doctor Who stories since 1983.
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Tegan Jovanka - Janet Fielding
- Nyssa - Sarah Sutton
- Turlough - Mark Strickson
- Seksa - Hayley Atwell
- Mertil/Woman - Sue Wallace
- Jestan/Man/Taker - Paul Shelley
- Hervey/Taker/Demi-Taker - Harry Melling
- Anulf/Taker - Lennox Greaves
- Antan/Taker - Aneurin Barnard
- The planet Chodor, on the eastern edge of Aldebaran has at least one moon, but no strategic or mineral importance.
- This audio drama was recorded on 30 December 2009 and 5 January 2010 at The Moat Studios.
- It was first released on 13 August 2010.
- The story was broadcast on BBC Radio 4 Extra between 20 and 23-25 May 2011, forming a radio season with Cobwebs and The Cradle of the Snake.
- This story shares similarities to the television story The Face of Evil, with a lost colony based on the remnants of a spacecraft scenario.
- This story is set between Enlightenment and The King's Demons.
- A green crescent moon is the universal symbol for medical care. (TV: New Earth, Gridlock)
- Tegan is concerned that the Mara is still inside of her. (TV: Kinda, Snakedance)
- The Mara taunts the Doctor by saying Chodor is too green for him, which is what he said about Deva Loka. (TV: Kinda)
- The events of this story lead directly into AUDIO: The Cradle of the Snake.
- Official The Whispering Forest page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for The Whispering Forest at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide