The Web of Time was the second story of the audio anthology, The Diary of River Song: Series Six.
Publisher's summary Edit
to be added
- River Song - Alex Kingston
- Captain Ben Knight - Ralph Watson
- Erin Harris - Kathryn Drysdale
- Maude / Neon - Mandi Symonds
- Corporal Buscombe / The Intelligence - Sam Clemens
- This story is concurrent with the novel Fear of the Web. During the course of that novel, it is mentioned that Captain Knight disappears for a time into Soho with Corporal Buscombe.
- This story takes place before the Second Doctor's involvement in TV: The Web of Fear.
- Referencing the UNIT dating protocol, one in-universe explanation for the UNIT dating controversy, River cuts Captain Knight off before he can reveal the year this story is set in.
- River sees one of the multiple paintings of "The Scream" by Edvard Munch. She says how one of these paintings contained the Warp Core. (AUDIO: Dust Breeding) She also mentions how it reminds her of something she can't remember. (TV: The Impossible Astronaut, Day of the Moon, The Wedding of River Song)
- The Relic Room also contains a glittergun (TV: Revenge of the Cybermen, AUDIO: The Tyrants of Logic) and the remains of Valderon's control sphere. (AUDIO: Prisoner of the Ood)
- River is also pointed to a sealed vault containing one of the only remaining pictures of the Red Lady. She and her guide agree that it is best they do not enter it, or look upon that image. (AUDIO: The Red Lady)
- River has recently borrowed the Doctor's TARDIS without him knowing. (TV: The Husbands of River Song) While there, she read through one of his old diaries. River says the Doctor's diary was very thorough at this point in time. (TV: The Power of the Daleks, The Tomb of the Cybermen)
- The Great Intelligence shows its ability to possess dead bodies. (TV: The Abominable Snowmen, The Web of Fear, et al.)
- River references UNIT's dating protocols, and mentions the difficulties which arise when trying to work out specific years in this era. According to River, it's "complicated". (PROSE: The Enfolded Time; AUDIO: The Split Infinitive)
- River mentions living on the streets as a child. (TV: Day of the Moon, Let's Kill Hitler)
- River mentions how only one lady survives the London Event: Anne Travers. (TV: The Web of Fear)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.