This article contains far too many bulleted lists. These sections should be converted into normal prose.
The show was named as such for those who lost, the eponymous "Weakest Links". Typically, a Weakest Link was chosen by a vote performed by the contestants at the end of each round. As votes were made strategically, contestants who performed worst in a round, making them technically the Weakest Link, could be spared by the vote.
By the year 200,000, the Weakest Links were ostensibly killed by a disintegrator beam fired from the Anne Droid; any contestant who attempted to escape was automically branded a "Weakest Link" and disintergrated as well. Just prior to eliminating a contestant, the Anne Droid would routinely announce "You are the Weakest Link. Goodbye." In reality, the Weakest Links, along with all those who lost aboard the Game Station, they were in fact transmatted to the hidden Dalek fleet for processing into Daleks of human origin. (TV: Bad Wolf)
Known contestants Edit
In the last known edition of The Weakest Link, the Weakest Links were, in succession, Fitch, Broff, who was not voted but made an attempt to escape, Colleen, Agorax, and Rose Tyler, with the Ninth Doctor and Jack Harkness arriving too late to save the latter. Ultimately, Rodrick emerged as the winner, and was to be transported home with a reward of 1600 credits, only to be killed by the Daleks during the Battle of the Game Station. Rose was rescued from the Dalek Flagship by the Doctor and Jack. (TV: Bad Wolf)
Questions and answers Edit
- The name of which basic food stuff is an anagram of the word "beard"?
- In the Pan Traffic calendar, which month comes after Hoob?
- In maths, what is 258 minus 158?
- Which letter in the alphabet appears in the word dangle, but not in the word gland?
- In social security, what D is the name of the payment given to Martian Drones?
- The Great Cobalt Pyramid is built on the remains of which famous Old Earth Institute?
- In language, all five examples of which type of letter appear in the word facetious?
- In biology, which blood cells contain iron, red or white?
- In the holovid series Jupiter Rising, the Graxnix is married to whom?
- In maths, what is nine squared?
- In geography, the Grand Central Ravine is named after which ancient British city?
- In literature, the author of Lucky was Jackie who?
- The oldest inhabitant of the Isop Galaxy is the Face of what?
- In history, who was the President of the Red Velvets?
- In food, the dish of Gaffabeque originated on which planet?
- Which measurement of length is said to have been defined by the Emperor Jate as the distance from his nose to his fingertip?
- In fashion Stella Bopbates is famous for what?
- In history, which Icelandic city hosted Murder Spree 20?
Behind the scenes Edit
- The Weakest Link was based on a real-world game show of the same name, hosted by Anne Robinson.
- In 2007, a special Doctor Who-themed episode of The Weakest Link featured Doctor Who actors David Tennant, Noel Clarke, John Barrowman, Camille Coduri, Andrew Hayden-Smith, Nicholas Briggs, Tracy Ann Oberman, Claire Rushbrook and John Leeson (in-character as K9). Camille won the game, and donated her prize money to the treatment of multiple sclerosis.
- Both the fictional and real-life versions of the show used the question "In maths, what is 258 minus 158?".