The Water Thief was a novel in the Doctor Who 2 in 1 books range.
An ancient artefact awakes, trapping one of the Doctor's companions on an archaelogical dig in Egypt. The only way to save his friend is to travel hundreds of years back in time to defeat The Water Thief.
to be added
- Eleventh Doctor
- Amy Pond
- Rory Williams
to be added
- This story was collected in PROSE: Step Back in Time.
- This book was later re-released individually, and with a new cover, as part of the Eleventh Doctor Adventures. This edition was released as a ebook on 5 May 2016 and in paperback on 14 July 2016.
- The cover of the re-release uses an image of the Foretold from TV: Mummy on the Orient Express, despite the fact that the Foretold is not featured in this novel.
- Amy asks if they can meet the real Cleopatra, not River Song pretending to be her. (TV: The Pandorica Opens) The Doctor mentions Cleopatra might not recognise him. (TV: The Girl in the Fireplace, The Husbands of River Song, PROSE: The English Way of Death, The Lonely Computer, Ghosts of India, AUDIO: Loups-Garoux)
- Amy gives the Doctor a makeover and echoes a variation on one of his favourite phrases, "You wear eyeshadow now. Eyeshadow is cool". (TV: The Eleventh Hour et al)
- The Doctor is poisoned with cyanide, but recovers shortly after. When Amy asks him how he survived, he explains he was poisoned before, that it happened at a country house and Agatha Christie was there. (TV: The Unicorn and the Wasp)
- Amy reiterates her enthusiasm for and knowledge of history. She previously said her favourite subject in school was the "invasion of the hot Italians". (TV: The Pandorica Opens / The Big Bang) She's especially excited by the idea of Pharaohs. She would later tell Nefertiti she learned everything about her in school and was a "big fan". (TV: Dinosaurs on a Spaceship)
- Official The Water Thief page at Penguin Books
- The Discontinuity Guide to: The Water Thief at The Whoniverse