The War Valeyard was the fourth and final story in the audio anthology The Eighth Doctor: The Time War 3, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by John Dorney and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor and Rakhee Thakrar as Bliss.
Publisher's summary Edit
But in a world where he can finally be a hero, will the Valeyard want to leave?
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Bliss - Rakhee Thakrar
- The Doctor Valeyard / The Trial Valeyard - Michael Jayston
- Nim - Venice Van Someren
- Major Tamasan - Adèle Anderson
- The Daleks / Time Strategist - Nicholas Briggs
- The Doctor Valeyard is a product of the Eighth Doctor passing through a transmat with a genetic modifier, which copies his clothes but randomly creates the Valeyard.
- When Bliss recalls the phrase "You are your own worst enemy" to describe the Valeyard, the Doctor muses that the Valeyard is "at least in the top three", with the Master and Davros the other two likely candidates.
- The Doctor Valeyard remembers travelling with many companions, and has modified his sonic screwdriver to attack Daleks. He uses land mines primed to their exact weight.
- The Daleks on Grahv think they are the Doctor.
- Grahv is time-locked and impenetrable to all but the highest-ranking TARDISes.
- A temporal fault on Grahv leaks artron energy which the Daleks used to build a superweapon that could wipe the Daleks from the memory of the universe, and everyone on the planet.
- The Doctor steals Tamasan's TARDIS and tracks the Valeyard by his bio-signature.
- The Doctor Valeyard recognises Bliss and introduces himself as another incarnation.
- Although the Time War ended and the Daleks disappeared from the universe, the Dalek Time Strategist escaped through a dimensional portal.
to be added
- The Doctor explains the Valeyard to Bliss as "I am he, and he is me." (TV: The Three Doctors)
- The Dalek who thinks it's the Doctor exclaims "Who! Am! I!" (TV: Doctor Who)
- The "Doctor Valeyard" recalls how he once had a chance to erase the Daleks at their very beginning and didn't take it. (TV: Genesis of the Daleks)
- The Doctor Valeyard was a byproduct of the Eighth Doctor passing through the transmat with the genetic modifier. (AUDIO: Fugitive in Time)
- The Doctor tracks down the Valeyard via the telepathic circuits. (AUDIO: State of Bliss)
- The High Council remember when the Valeyard tried to assassinate them. (TV: The Ultimate Foe)
- The Trial Valeyard still wears his outfit from the Doctor's trial. (TV: The Mysterious Planet)