The War Valeyard was the fourth and final story in the audio anthology The Eighth Doctor: Time War: Volume Three, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by John Dorney and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor and Rakhee Thakrar as Bliss.
But in a world where he can finally be a hero, will the Valeyard want to leave?
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Bliss - Rakhee Thakrar
- The Doctor Valeyard / The Trial Valeyard - Michael Jayston
- Nim - Venice Van Someren
- Major Tamasan - Adèle Anderson
- The Daleks / Time Strategist - Nicholas Briggs
- The Doctor Valeyard is a product of the Eighth Doctor passing through a transmat with a genetic modifier, which copies his clothes but randomly creates the Valeyard.
- The Doctor Valeyard remembers travelling with many companions, and has modified his sonic screwdriver to attack Daleks. He uses land mines primed to their exact weight.
- The Daleks on Grahv think they are the Doctor.
- When asserting his identity, the Doctor Valeyard says "You are a Dalek. You are an enemy of the Doctor", a reversal of the Daleks' usual exclamation.
- Grahv is time-locked and impenetrable to all but the highest-ranking TARDISes.
- A temporal fault on Grahv leaks artron energy which the Daleks used to build a superweapon that could wipe the Daleks from the memory of the universe, and everyone on the planet.
- The Doctor steals Tamasan's TARDIS and tracks the Valeyard by his bio-signature.
- The Doctor Valeyard recognises Bliss and introduces himself as another incarnation.
- Although the Time War ended and the Daleks disappeared from the universe, the Dalek Time Strategist escaped through a dimensional portal.
- This serves as the set up for the restoration of the Daleks that occurs in The Eighth Doctor: Time War: Volume Four
to be added
- The Doctor explains the Valeyard to Bliss as "I am he, and he is me." (TV: The Three Doctors)
- The Dalek who thinks it's the Doctor exclaims "Who! Am! I!" (TV: Doctor Who)
- The "Doctor Valeyard" recalls how he once had a chance to erase the Daleks at their very beginning and didn't take it. (TV: Genesis of the Daleks)
- The Doctor Valeyard was a byproduct of the Eighth Doctor passing through the transmat with the genetic modifier. (AUDIO: Fugitive in Time)
- The Doctor tracks down the Valeyard via the telepathic circuits. (AUDIO: State of Bliss)
- The High Council remember when the Valeyard tried to assassinate them. (TV: The Ultimate Foe)
- The Trial Valeyard still wears his outfit from the Doctor's trial. (TV: The Mysterious Planet)