This story debuted with either the Second or Third Doctor, then was reprinted with the Fourth Doctor. It may have had different companions in the reprint, as well. From an in-universe point of view, it's unclear which Doctor lived through these events.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Morun and Alto are the last survivors of the crew of a giant space ship. In their charge is the whole of the Thusion race, in suspended animation. Despairing of ever finding an uninhabited world to settle on, the dying Morun revives a young man, Zeros, from his long sleep. Zeros, however, does not share Morun and Alto's qualms about subjugating the primitive race of a nearby world. When the Doctor arrives, he saves Alto from death at Zeros' hands and tries to use the TARDIS to move the Thusion ship to another, more hospitable galaxy.
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
to be added
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This was the very last continuous Third Doctor comic strip published within his era, with the very last words being spoken by the Doctor as he leaves for Earth; "Am I going to be allowed back to Earth yet. I wonder...?"
Original print details[edit | edit source]
- (Publication with page count and closing captions)
- TVC 1199 (2 pages)
- TVC 1200 (2 pages) Next week: hunter becomes hunted
- TVC 1201 (2 pages) Next week: a struggle for survival!
- TVC 1202 (2 pages) Next week: the final journey
- TVC 1203 (2 pages) More drama with the Doctor next week.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- When the Doctor finds that the controls of the TARDIS are jammed, he thinks the Time Lords might be punishing him for his part in the lunar affair. (COMIC: Lords of the Ether)