The Viyran Solution was the fourth and final story of the audio anthology, Charlotte Pollard: Series One. It was written by Matt Fitton and featured India Fisher as Charlotte Pollard and Michael Maloney as the Viyrans.
Publisher's summary Edit
Charlotte Pollard has been located. The Lamentation Cipher has been contained. Or so the Viyrans believe. Charley thinks her destiny is inescapable, but discovers that the mysterious Ever-and-Ever-Prolixity brings the Viyrans closer to completing their mission than ever before.
Bert Buchan Senior didn't get to be the head of a multi-galactic corporation by missing opportunities. So when his protege, the brilliant and ruthless Dr Millicent Belanger, discovers an advanced alien medical facility hidden in the Brouhaha galaxy, he's determined to seize it. The disappearance of his son, meanwhile, hardly merits a second thought...
The Viyrans have a solution to everything. Buchan Industries is out to make a killing. And Charlotte Pollard is caught in the middle
to be added
- Charlotte Pollard - India Fisher
- Viyran Commander/Rogue Viyran/Other Viyrans - Michael Maloney
- Robert Buchan - James Joyce
- Bert Buchan - Nicholas Briggs
- Dr Millicent Belanger III - Louise Brealey
- Miss Griffin - Nadia Kamil
- Charley regrets that she was not able to see the Eighth Doctor again and that she never had a child. She is uncertain about how the latter makes her feel.
- Bert Buchan has had three spine replacements.
- Robert Buchan succeeded Charley as the Viyrans' human liaison and has served in that position for two years.
- It is unclear whether the Viyrans are biological or robotic.
- A virus from the Amethyst Viral Containment Station was sent back in time to the creation of the universe. The virus was revealed to be life itself. The Viyrans intend to completely expunge it and all its effects using the Panacea, which will result in the extermination of all life in the universe.
- Charley has a mascot named Walter. It is a thermos with a smiley face drawn on it.
- Charley describes the Doctor as a "very remarkable man."
- Millicent Belanger III is Robert's fiancé.
- The Lamentation Cipher was designed by the Viyrans' creators to deactivate them.
- The Rogue Viyran infected Charley with an anti-virus designed to reset the Viyrans to their original parameters.
- Charley refers to herself as "an Edwardian adventuress." (AUDIO: Storm Warning)
- The Viyrans refer to extracting Charley from London in 1936. (AUDIO: The Fall of the House of Pollard)
- Charley refers to her arrival in the Ever-and-Ever Prolixity (AUDIO: The Lamentation Cipher) and the destruction of the Amethyst Viral Containment Station (AUDIO: Patient Zero).
- Robert refers to Charley flying straight into the Prolixity two years earlier. (AUDIO: The Lamentation Cipher)
- A Viyran that contracted the time virus KX Variant 243 was sent back in time to London in 1918. (AUDIO: The White Room)
- The Rogue Viyran faked his own death in order to allow Charley to escape. (AUDIO: The Lamentation Cipher)
- Robert tells the Rogue Viyran that his ship is Indigo-class, Model Six. (AUDIO: The Lamentation Cipher)
- After removing her Viyran helmet, Charley asks Robert if he was "expecting someone else." (TV: The Caves of Androzani, AUDIO: The Girl Who Never Was)
- Charley refers to her father Lord Richard Pollard reading The Wizard of Oz. (AUDIO: The Fall of the House of Pollard)