Publisher's summary Edit
Sebastian Vaughan is the brightest, newest recruit to Torchwood. He's come from a very good family, an excellent school, and with a degree from the finest College. He's the kind of person bred for Torchwood.
Sebastian Vaughan is exactly the person Torchwood needs. He's charming, he's smart, and he's good in a fight. He's taken Torchwood's other new recruit under his wing. With his help, Toshiko Sato will make something of herself and fit in at Torchwood.
Sebastian Vaughan is dead. Toshiko Sato's been given permission to bring his body home to give him the send-off he deserves. How will Torchwood cope without him?
to be added
- Sebastian's father worked at Lodmoor Research Facility for the Ministry of Defence before becoming a Cabinet minister.
- Sebastian's father's favourite food is the radish.
- In the flashback scenes, Sebastian refers to Suzie and Ianto.
- Despite authorial intent placing the flashbacks in this story during Tosh's early career at Torchwood and the summary describing her as a new recruit, Sebastian mentions that Ianto showed him a Chinese takeaway. This places the story in the time between Ianto's recruitment and Everything Changes.
- Sebastian thinks Tosh isn't ready to die for Torchwood, and she agrees. (TV: Exit Wounds)
- Sebastian accuses Tosh of seeing patterns that aren't there. The Eighth Doctor previously expressed a similar sentiment for humans. (TV: Doctor Who)
- Sebastian recorded a final message, to be played in the event of his death, as per Torchwood protocol. (TV: Exit Wounds, AUDIO: Future Pain)