Office life is tough, the commute is a grind, nothing works quite as well as you'd like. Vicki seems to remember things being better once, before the little flat. It's time she put some excitement back in her life. It's just a shame the Doctor can't help.
The Writing on the Wall (1)
to be added
The Cleansing (2)
to be added
- From the graffiti in Pompeii, historians were able to learn a great deal about Roman life.
- In this Galactic sector, The Doctor's TARDIS has been spotted at various insurection events, albeit with different exterior dimensions across each visit. These include post-event Irania, the Fall of Jarkana, the urisings on Mythemroid and the Thrallian Mutiny.
- Rather than using the format of a monologue spoken by a companion with an occasional secondary voice, this story is largely a duologue between Vicki and the computer.
- Barbara hides between "archival building stacks" Q and R. The production codes for The Space Museum and The Chase are Q and R respectively.
- Vicki is unsure whether the Doctor knows what Pompeii is. He would later visit the city on two occasions during his seventh incarnation and once during his tenth incarnation, being present for the eruption of Mount Vesuvius on 24 August 79 on all three occasions. (AUDIO: The Fires of Vulcan; PROSE: The Algebra of Ice; TV: The Fires of Pompeii)
- Vicki mentions her trip to Rome in July 64 with Ian and Barbara. (TV: The Romans)
- Barbara refers to Coal Hill School. (TV: An Unearthly Child)