The Underwater War was a novel in the Doctor Who 2 in 1 books range.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
In The Underwater War, the Doctor and his companions are on-board the Cosmic Rover, a spaceship orbiting the water-planet Hydron. Joining the crew, they journey underwater on an apparently scientific exploration. But nothing is as it seems on the high-tech submarine. When a virus infects the crew, the Doctor discovers the ship is hiding a dangerous secret...
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Eleventh Doctor
- Amy Pond
- Rory Williams
- Captain Jane Clancy
- Mister Fleming
- Doctor Angela Morton
- Admiral Icktheus
References[edit | edit source]
- Hydron is a purple planet covered in water.
- Jules Verne is one of the Doctor's favourite writers. When he mentions the character, Captain Nemo, Amy mistakingly thinks he is talking about the clownfish from the Disney film, Finding Nemo.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This story was collected in the anthology Alien Adventures.
- This story was also released as an ebook (together with the novel Rain of Terror) available from the Amazon Kindle store.
- COMIC: Without a Paddle is a sequel to this novel.
- This book was later re-released individually, and with a new cover, as part of the Eleventh Doctor Adventures. This edition was released as a ebook on 4 August 2016 and in paperback on 27 September 2016.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor says he has been to Atlantis once. Or was it twice? (TV: The Underwater Menace, The Time Monster)
- Rory says he has been a Roman soldier and a security guard. (TV: The Pandorica Opens, The Big Bang)
[edit | edit source]
- Official The Underwater War page at Penguin Books
- The Discontinuity Guide to: The Underwater War at The Whoniverse