The Undertaker's Gift was the fourteenth release in the BBC Torchwood Novels series.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
The Hokrala Corp lawyers are back, and they're suing planet Earth for mishandling the twenty-first century! An assassin has been sent to remove Captain Jack Harkness! And, a record number of aliens have been coming through the Rift — it's been a busy week in Cardiff. Now, there are reports of an extraordinary funeral cortege in the night time city, with mysterious pallbearers guarding a rotting cadaver that simply doesn't want to be buried. Torchwood should be ready for anything, but with Jack the target of an invisible killer, Gwen trapped in a forgotten crypt, and Ianto Jones falling desperately ill, could a world of suffering be the Undertaker's gift to planet Earth?
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Characters[edit | edit source]
- Captain Jack Harkness
- Gwen Cooper
- Ianto Jones
- Nina Rogers
- Jessica Montague
- Rachel Banks
References[edit | edit source]
- Jack was once imprisoned on Rigel 77.
- Jack takes a pair of SIG Sauer 9mm pistols, an energy lance, a Sontaran Stenk 11 pistol and a pair of AI throwing knives from the Torchwood armoury.
- Warp shunt technology can be used to achieve time travel if used near a time rift.
- Jack and the Time Agency were involved in the sinking of Atlantis.
- The Keshkali soldiers use Flechette guns which use compressed praxis gas.
- The Keshkali Ring Worlds were where the Keshkali homeworld was located. It was destroyed by a temporal fusion bomb.
- The team capture a Vortex Dweller.
- Harold sends Torchwood a recording on Betamax.
- Pitbullfrogs are predators.
- AI knives are made of Trintillium.
- Grolon rats infest Butetown.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This book is also available as an ebook from the Amazon Kindle store.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- Jack mentions the Silurians. (TV: The Silurians, TV: Warriors of the Deep)
- The team use Abaddon, (TV: End of Days) the Alien Sleepers (TV: Sleeper), the Pharm (TV: Reset) and the events at CERN (AUDIO: Lost Souls) to prove the success of Torchwood Three.
- Wynnie knows Nina Rogers. (PROSE: Bay of the Dead, PROSE: Consequences)
- Harriet Derbyshire was interested in the abduction of Francis Morgan. (TV: To the Last Man)
- Jack calls Kathy Swanson. (TV: They Keep Killing Suzie)
- Erisa Magambo calls Jack. (TV: Turn Left, TV: Planet of the Dead)
- Torchwood has been busy since Jackson Leaves and Agnes Havisham. (PROSE: The House That Jack Built, Risk Assessment)
- Jack and Ianto talk about the last time they received a Hokrala writ, around the time they encountered the Strepto Hag. (PROSE: Something in the Water)
[edit | edit source]