The Tyrants of Logic was the second story in The Third Doctor Adventures: Volume Four.
Publisher's summary Edit
The Doctor and Jo land on Port Anvil — a bleak, abandoned mining colony on the remote planet Burnt Salt. A huge armoured crate has recently arrived in the almost derelict Spacehub. No-one knows who it's for. No-one knows what it contains.
Strange creatures lurk around the outskirts, and a rag-tag population of misfits inhabit what is left of the town: a saloon bar owner, a literal one-man band and a hunter of very unusual prey. If they want to survive the night, they're going to have to work together.
Because the Cybermen want the contents of the crate. And they will stop at nothing to get hold of it.
to be added
- The Doctor - Tim Treloar
- Jo Grant - Katy Manning
- Gusta Pardo - Linda Marlowe
- Professor Marian Schaeffer - Carolyn Pickles
- Hollisen Grier - Ronan Summers
- Chad Caramel - Jeff Rawle
- Skippa - Deli Segal
- The Cybermen - Nicholas Briggs
- Hollisen Grier is a Cyber-hunter.
- The Doctor is exposed to Cyber-smoke.
- Gusta runs a saloon called Gusta's.
- Bernard Schaeffer used to present 3D wildlife documentaries, visiting hundreds of planets to study the wildlife. He was a naturalist and a zoologist.
- Prof. Marian Schaeffer trained as a surgeon, but now works as a scientist at the Bernard Schaeffer Project.
- The Doctor gives Jo his TARDIS key, fearing the worst.
- The Third Doctor would also fight the Cybermen in TV: The Five Doctors. However, due to all the Doctors being in one place at the same time, he wouldn't remember the encounter.
- This is Big Finish's second Third Doctor story to feature the Cybermen, following AUDIO: The Blue Tooth.
- Lucanol (TV: The Robots of Death) and duralinium (TV: The Monster of Peladon, Colony in Space) were once mined in Port Anvil.
- The Doctor refers to his exile on Earth. (TV: Spearhead from Space – The Three Doctors)