The Twilight Kingdom was the fifty-fifth story in Big Finish's monthly range. It was written by Will Shindler and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor, India Fisher as Charlotte Pollard and Conrad Westmaas as C'rizz.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
The blood of innocents has been spilt — a terrible sequence of events has been set in motion. The forces of darkness are on the move.
Deep underground, an army of light prepares itself for the oncoming war.
Stripped of all that is familiar, just who is the Doctor? Major Koth thinks he knows.
Lost among the dark caverns of an unknown world, has the Doctor finally met his match?
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Charley Pollard - India Fisher
- C'rizz - Conrad Westmaas
- Major Koth - Michael Keating
- Byzar Janto - Alan Rothwell
- Commander Vayla - Ann Carus-Wilson
- Sub-Commander Quillian - Dale Ibbetson
- Sergeant Bryn - Jeremy James
- Captain Tysus - Vivien Parry
- Tarrith Koth - Alison Sterling
- Lieutenant Fraxin - Nicholas Briggs
- Lieutenant Deral - Stephen Fewell
- Corporal Orvik - Gary Russell
- The Kro'ka - Stephen Perring
References[edit | edit source]
Individuals[edit | edit source]
Diseases and illnesses[edit | edit source]
- Kestila sickness is ultimately fatal. Early symptoms include fever, vomiting and sores. It was previously believed to have been eliminated centuries earlier.
Species[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor sarcastically claims that complaining is a defect in humans.
- Grelligs resemble rats and were brought to Setarus by Koth.
- The Eutermesans are unknown to the Ondrockans.
Planets[edit | edit source]
- Ondrokkon has six major continents which are policed by a global defence fleet.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This audio drama was recorded on 14 and 15 May 2003 at The Moat Studios.
- This story is set after the 1996 TV Movie.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor believes that they are getting closer to the missing TARDIS. (AUDIO: Scherzo)
- Charley once again asks C'rizz to stop referring to her as "Charlotte." (AUDIO: The Creed of the Kromon)
- It has been two days since the Kro'ka sent the Doctor, Charley and C'rizz from Light City to the jungles of Setarus. (AUDIO: The Natural History of Fear)
- Charley refers to the Eye of Orion. (TV: The Five Doctors)
- The Doctor previously referred to Major Koth shortly after he and Charley entered the Divergent Universe, though paradoxically he did not know who he was at the time. (AUDIO: Scherzo)
- The Doctor refers to mind probes (TV: The Five Doctors) and thumbscrews (TV: City of Death).
- The Doctor asks Charley if she was "expecting someone else." (TV: The Caves of Androzani)
- The Doctor claims that he is on a quest to find Rassilon, whom he later finds on the Forge world. (AUDIO: The Next Life)
- It was the cave creature which brought the TARDIS to Setarus. (AUDIO: Scherzo)
- This is the first time that C'rizz tries to strangle Charley. He did so again only a week later while under the influence of the 23rd Church of Lucidity in the Multihaven. (AUDIO: Faith Stealer)
[edit | edit source]
- Official The Twilight Kingdom page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for The Twilight Kingdom at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide