- You may wish to consult
The Traitorfor other, similarly-named pages.
The Traitor was the first story in the audio anthology Dark Eyes 2, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Nicholas Briggs and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor and Nicola Walker as Liv Chenka.
Nixyce VII is under Dalek occupation. For many, their only hope of survival is decent medical care, as slave working conditions under the Dalek regime are appalling. But when you help people to survive under the rule of the Daleks, are you actually helping the Daleks? Med-tech Liv Chenka doesn't have the luxury of pondering these dilemmas. She must just do what she feels is right.
But then there are the soldiers of last resort... The freedom fighters left behind to cause maximum damage to the Dalek war effort, at whatever cost. To them, anyone who seems to be helping the Daleks is a traitor.
And when the Doctor arrives, his secret agenda throws him into conflict with everyone.
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Liv Chenka - Nicola Walker
- Carna - Chris Porter
- Kavel - David Dobson
- Aldin/Robomen - John Dorney
- The Daleks/The Dalek Time Controller/Control/Auto-Voice - Nicholas Briggs
- Robomen - Brian Shelley
- Some people on Nixyce VII refer to Liv Chenka as "the Traitor" for working with the Daleks.
- The Doctor uses the alias "Bert Higgins."
- This is the last Dark Eyes story to be written by Nicholas Briggs.
- The Doctor reminds Liv of the last time that they met aboard the Lorelei, when he had a different face, wore a straw hat and carried an umbrella. (AUDIO: Robophobia)
- The Dalek Time Controller recalls his plans with Kotris and how the Doctor defeated him. (AUDIO: X and the Daleks)
- The Daleks realise that the TARDIS is a time capsule as it exhibits chronon particles. (TV: Time and the Rani, The Wedding of River Song)
- The Doctor tells the Daleks that there is an alien fleet on the fringes of the Nixyce system and that he seeks their help in defeating it. (AUDIO: Time's Horizon, Eyes of the Master)