The Three Monkeys was the forty-third story in the Torchwood audio series by Big Finish Productions. It was written by James Goss and featured Burn Gorman as Owen Harper and Tom Price as Andy Davidson.
Andy Davidson's been ordered to watch over a local businessman. Everything's always gone right for him, and Andy's long wondered why.
To be added.
- Owen Harper - Burn Gorman
- Andy Davidson - Tom Price
- Dennis - Joseph Tweedale
- Chief Constable - Joanna Van Kampen
- Owen and Andy go to the now abandoned Queen Victoria Hospital.
- Torchwood have been recently moving in Torchwood technology into the hospital to use it as a makeshift base.
- Owen tells Andy that due to him no longer being able to sweat, the only reason he changes his clothes is to help him remember what day it is.
- Andy finds what he describes as a 'fridge-freezer' in the basement, comparing it to the obelisk from 2001: A Space Oddessy.
- Andy's reference to monkeys dancing around the obeslisk causes the alien to transform itself into a cymbal playing toy monkey, as an attempt to blend in.
- This story was recorded remotely.
- Owen Harper previously investigated strange goings on at the Queen Victoria Hospital. (AUDIO: Iceberg)
- Andy Davidson is doubting his friendship with Owen. Owen feels they have grown closer after their recent joint investigations. (AUDIO: Corpse Day, The Hope)
- Owen states that after he died, he can neither sweat nor taste. (TV: Reset et al)