Publisher's summary Edit
Civilisations rise and fall — and few planets have seen this happen more often than Amyryndaa. The Doctor, Jamie and Victoria join a survey team to find out why on the planet where everything is suited to creating life, nothing lives for long...
Part one Edit
to be added
Part two Edit
to be added
- Victoria is teaching Jamie to read, starting with letters.
- Victoria is visited by a Scottish man wearing a linen suit and a Panama hat.
- The TARDIS travellers have visited desert worlds.
- Faces are individuals that wear masks displaying the number of people who've looked at them.
- This was the final performance for Deborah Watling as Victoria Waterfield before her death on 21 July 2017.
- This story is told from Victoria's perspective.
- Victoria begins to teach Jamie to read. She would later attempt to get him to read Robinson Crusoe. (PROSE: The Dark Path)
- The Seventh Doctor visits Victoria. (PROSE: Prelude Birthright)
- Victoria refers to the fact that her father Edward Waterfield trusted the Doctor. (TV: The Evil of the Daleks)
- Victoria recalls meeting Professor Parry on Telos in the 25th century. (TV: The Tomb of the Cybermen)
- The Doctor has instructed Jamie and Victoria how to operate the food machine. (TV: The Chase)
- The Doctor tells Jamie and Victoria that there are "some people" that he knows who will eventually be able to find the TARDIS and bring them home if he does not return. (TV: The War Games)
- Jamie says, "When I say 'run', run." (TV: The Tomb of the Cybermen)