Publisher's summary Edit
The Third Doctor and Jo Grant are trying to track down the magical spear of Odin when they find themselves caught up in a vicious battle between two Viking tribes. But one of the Vikings is even more dangerous than he appears to be. Can the Doctor stop the spear getting into the wrong hands before it's too late?
to be added
- According to the Doctor, the Spear of Destiny is the same spear which pierced the side of Jesus Christ at the Crucifixion.
- Due to being a Physical Temporal Nexus, the Spear of Destiny will not miss when it is thrown at a target, no matter the distance. However, the Temporal Grace of a TARDIS can disarm it.
- The Spear of Destiny was called Gungnir during 141, when it was in the possession of Odin.
- Jo knows a lot about the Punic Wars.
- The Moxon Collection is on Dover Street.
- The Master uses the alias "Frey".
- The Doctor and Jo meet Odin, High King of all Sweden, who was supposed a god due to the power of the Spear.
- Adolf Hitler possessed the Spear of Destiny throughout World War II.
- The story unambiguously set the year as 1973.
- An audiobook of the story was read by its author, Marcus Sedgwick.