Publisher's summary Edit
This is the city: a technological paradise built by an advanced race. Its glittering towers reach proudly for the stars, and its spires are looped by elevated roadways.
The people that lived here were enlightened and contented. They travelled in bubble-topped saucer cars, along moving pavements or in anti-gravity tubes. Obedient robots tended to their every whim. Disease, war, famine and pollution had been eradicated. Food machines synthesised all essential nutrients into pill form, and personal rocket ships brought the solar system within reach. The people of the city befriended Venusians and Martians alike.
The city is self-cleansing. Its systems harness solar power and static electricity. Its buildings are constructed from a metal that will never rust or tarnish. It will stand forever as a monument to the achievements of the human race.
This is Earth. The year is 2000 AD. This is your future.
Welcome to the Space Age.
to be added
- Eighth Doctor
- Fitz Kreiner
- Alec Redshaw
- Gillian Davis
- Rick McBride
- Sandra McBride
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor carries a metal comb and a silver yo-yo in his pockets.
Drugs and medicines Edit
- Fitz still carries cigarettes in his pocket.
- The people in the city believe they are on post-nuclear war Earth in the year 2019, but they are really on an unnamed planetoid in 3012.
- The Doctor attempts to defeat the Maker's supercomputer using the riddle he used on BOSS in TV: The Green Death and his Nelly the pink elephant riddle from TV: Destiny of the Daleks, but accepts his failure by musing that at least it shows people are make these computers properly.
- The Doctor recalls meeting Fitz in 1963. (PROSE: The Taint)
- The Doctor mentions Macra. (TV: The Macra Terror)
- Fitz mentions his time spent in Mechta. (PROSE: Parallel 59)
- The Space Age at the Faction Paradox wiki
- The Discontinuity Guide to: The Space Age at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: The Space Age