Publisher's summary Edit
With her red London bus on course for the future, Iris runs slap-bang into the past!
Materialising aboard Radio Yesterday, a space station broadcasting golden oldies to Earth's colonies, Panda finds something sinister in the air-conditioning and Iris comes face to face with her long-lost husband... (no, really!)
As Iris, Panda and the crew of Radio Yesterday experience the true power of music, the evil Naxian hordes are poised to transmit a groovy message of death... to the entire galaxy!
to be added
- Iris Wildthyme - Katy Manning
- Panda - David Benson
- Sam Gold - Miles Richardson
- Leeza Lewis - Helen Goldwyn
- Janice - Jane Goddard
- Mohanalee - Scott Handcock
- A cover of John Smith and the Common Men is played.
- Janice is Radio Yesterday's computer.
- Naxians are using Radio Yesterday's subspace broadcasts to brainwash the galaxy to prepare for their invasion.
- This story is a parody of the numerous "base under siege" stories which were common in 1960s Doctor Who, particularly during the Second Doctor era.
- Miles Richardson is better known for his long running role as Irving Braxiatel in both the Bernice Summerfield and Gallifrey audio series.
- This audio drama was recorded on 31 May 2008.
- In AUDIO: The Two Irises, another Naxian named Roger appeared who was seemingly "the third Naxian on the left" during this story.
- Iris refers to her meeting with Noël Coward. (PROSE: Mad Dogs and Englishmen)
- Sam Gold met Iris at the Intergalactic Song Contest which Nicky Newman won. The Seventh Doctor met Newman and won the 309th contest himself on Dark Space 8. (AUDIO: Bang-Bang-a-Boom!)
- The Master Bakers of Barastabon were referred to in PROSE: Special Occasions: 1. The Not-So-Sinister Sponge.