The Skull of Sobek was the fourth story in the second series of the Eighth Doctor Adventures, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Marc Platt and featured Paul McGann as the Eighth Doctor and Sheridan Smith as Lucie Miller.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
Too much perfection's dangerous.
Something from another time, from another world, has found its way inside the hallowed walls. Something with a leathery hide, a long snout and sharp pointy teeth. Tick Tock. Here comes the crocodile...
Plot[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Lucie Miller/Croc/Sister - Sheridan Smith
- Abbot Absolute - Art Malik
- Sister Chalice/Croc Trooper - Barbara Flynn
- The Old Prince/Camel Man - Giles Watling
- Snabb/Brother Tangent/Brother - Sean Biggerstaff
- Dannahill/Brother Proximus - Mikey O'Connor
- Sister Thrift/Sister - Katarina Olsson
- Croc/Brother - Barnaby Edwards
- Croc/Brother/Skull of Sobek - Nicholas Briggs
References[edit | edit source]
- Lucie has been scared of crocodiles since she saw Peter Pan as a child.
- Sobek is a planet once home to a crocodile-like race, who had a civilisation spanning 10000 years.
- The Doctor urges Lucie to think of Blackpool Tower.
- The Doctor urges Lucie to think of fish and chips.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When Lucie is fighting the Doctor, she calls him a "spineless fish." Paul McGann had previously played the title role in the BBC drama Fish (2000), although this drama involved him playing a lawyer whose name was Fish instead of an actual fish.
- This audio drama was recorded on 16 August 2007 at The Moat Studios.
- The story was broadcast on BBC Radio 7 on 9 November 2008.
- This story was originally released on CD and download on 16 April 2008.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Official The Skull of Sobek page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for The Skull of Sobek at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide