Part one Edit
The Tenth Doctor and new travelling companion Martha Jones are aboard the luxury astroliner Tritanic, cruising the Kolox Nebula on the outer reaches of the galactic rim. The Doctor has "mislaid" the TARDIS. It is not long before they find the ship under attack by a boarding party of warrior class Skrawn (large, insectoid creatures armed with a powerful sting that can cause an anaphylactic shock or a long painful death).
As the Skrawn make their way past the passengers to the bridge, the Doctor saves the captain's life by goading the Skrawn with talk of their homeworld. The planet Kolox was blown away in a temporal spasm and ravaged by the time winds, leaving behind the stunningly beautiful Kolox Nebula (also known as the Skrawn Inheritance).
The Skrawn aren't interested in the "human filth". They have come to steal the Tritanic's experimental time-navigation system — the same time-nav system the Doctor was hoping to use to find the TARDIS! The triumphant Skawn plan to use the system to control the entire Kolox Nebula, reclaim their inheritance and get their revenge...
Part two Edit
The Skrawn have what they came for (the time-nav system) and leave the cruise ship Tritanic. As their hiveship leaves, the broken docking seals start to pull the passengers out into space.
The Doctor is quick to effect repairs, hot-wiring the damaged controls and sealing the bulkhead doors. Yet the hiveship is moving away and the Doctor and Martha use the onboard teleport ship to land aboard the Skrawn ship, homing in on the TARDIS.
Equipped with the time-sat nav to help plot a course through the time winds of the nebula and the TARDIS, the Skrawn can control the entire region of space. They plan to begin the regeneration of their homeworld with the chronon particles of the nebula.
While the Doctor keeps the Skrawn busy, Martha takes his sonic screwdriver. She thrusts it into the mass of the organic control circuitry of the hive ship. This has the effect of stinging the ship and the Skrawn. Dismantling the time-nav unit and fleeing in the TARDIS back to the Tritanic, the Skrawn hiveship is left flying blind again, lost in the nebula. The Doctor is left feeling not in the mood for a holiday cruise.
- The Doctor is good at hot-wiring controls with his sonic screwdriver and effecting make-shift repairs.
- The DWA comic strip adventures were aimed at a younger readership and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm in the early issues, later being expanded to two-parters.
- Martha Jones makes her first comic strip appearance in DWA.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 28 (6 pages) CAN THE DOCTOR STOP THE SKRAWN? FIND OUT NEXT ISSUE!
- DWA 29 (6 pages) JOIN THE DOCTOR AND MARTHA FOR AN AMAZING NEW ADVENTURE NEXT ISSUE!
- No reprints to date.
to be added