The Silent Scream was the third story in the sixth series of the Fourth Doctor Adventures, produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by James Goss and featured Tom Baker as the Fourth Doctor, Lalla Ward as Romana II and John Leeson as K9.
Publisher's summary[edit | edit source]
The Doctor, Romana and K9 have arrived in a terrified Tinseltown. A new film is being made and several stars of the silent screen are viewing it as a potential comeback... but it may prove a poisoned chalice. Actors are vanishing and strange creatures stalk the streets.
Something evil is lurking behind the scenery. Can the Doctor stop it when he doesn't have a voice?
It's time for his close-up.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Part one[edit | edit source]
to be added
Part two[edit | edit source]
to be added
Cast[edit | edit source]
- The Doctor - Tom Baker
- Romana - Lalla Ward
- K9 - John Leeson
- Dr Julius - Alec Newman
- Lorretta Waldorf - Pamela Salem
- Nelly - Jane Slavin
- Lulu Hammerstein - Andrée Bernard
- Cab driver / Director - John Banks
References[edit | edit source]
- The Celluloids are trans-organic cellulose avatars, developed by 2130. Although they appear two dimensional, they are 0.03 millimetres thick, which the Doctor says is a "micron."
- Cellulose is a cotton derivative, and is highly flammable.
- By 2130, humanity is "tinkering" with time corridors.
- The cab driver claims his sister owns a robot dog in Boston.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Lorretta refers to the famous "HOLLYWOOD LAND" sign. The "LAND" was removed in 1949.
Continuity[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]