The Shadow at the Edge of the World was the second story of the audio anthology, Charlotte Pollard: Series One. It was written by Jonathan Barnes and featured India Fisher as Charlotte Pollard and Michael Maloney as the Viyrans.
Publisher's summary Edit
The Ever-and-Ever-Prolixity has granted Charlotte Pollard her dearest wish and set her loose once more in time and space. But where has it brought her? Waking amid the minatory darkness of a forest floor, she has no notion of where she is, or when.
Welcomed at gunpoint and beset by danger, Charley finds herself immediately embroiled in a frantic struggle for survival. For there are perilous shadows in this night-time forest. There are hungry, watchful eyes. And there is something ancient also, something tracking her, something implacable and ruthless which knows Miss Pollard of old...
to be added
- Charley Pollard - India Fisher
- Viyran - Michael Maloney
- The Slaverings - Nicholas Briggs
- Susan Broadstairs - Abigail McKern
- Charity Savage - Nicola Weeks
- Emmeline Leigh/Viyran - Lucy May Barker
- Mrs Turnerman - Jacqueline King
- Charley described the Slaverings as a "cross between a silver-backed gorilla and Mr. Hyde."
- Charley tells Charity that she learned never to give up from a "a man [she] knew a very long time ago."
- Charley refers to the British airship R101. (AUDIO: Storm Warning)
- Charley mentions that she has previously encountered people with psychic abilities. (AUDIO: Scaredy Cat, Something Inside, Memory Lane, Patient Zero)
- Charley tells the Viyran that she has already made the choice between death and spending the rest of her life as their prisoner. (AUDIO: The Lamentation Cipher)
- The message from the future Viyrans refers to the fact that Charley possesses the Lamentation Cipher. (AUDIO: The Lamentation Cipher)