Some time after leaving UNIT, Liz Shaw calls the Doctor to Cambridge University, where scientists are experimenting with time dilation. The device hurls them to the year 2014 and a meeting with Richard Beauregard, heir to the Beauregard estate.
Yet there's something rotten at the core of this family… The seeds of a political movement that believes in a new world order.
The Sentinels of the New Dawn are stirring and its malign influence will be felt for centuries to come...
to be added
- According to Liz, the Doctor and the Brigadier had a strong professional friendship but were poles apart philosophically. They seemingly never socialised during her time with UNIT.
- This audio drama was recorded on 18 May 2010.
- The New Dawn planned to create an ebola epidemic in 2014. Ironically, in the real world there was a large ebola outbreak in that year.
- The Sixth Doctor and his companion Peri Brown would later encounter the Sentinels of the New Dawn. (AUDIO: Leviathan)
- Liz makes reference to the Silurians (TV: Doctor Who and the Silurians), the Mim (AUDIO: Shadow of the Past) and the Mars Probe 7 Incident (TV: The Ambassadors of Death) as well as to the Doctor's latest companion with whom he was not "initially enamoured."