The Sentinels of the New Dawn was the tenth story of the fifth series in The Companion Chronicles audio range. It was produced by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Paul Finch and featured Liz Shaw.
Publisher's summary Edit
Some time after leaving UNIT, Liz Shaw calls the Doctor to Cambridge University, where scientists are experimenting with time dilation. The device hurls them to the year 2014 and a meeting with Richard Beauregard, heir to the Beauregard estate.
Yet there's something rotten at the core of this family... The seeds of a political movement that believes in a new world order.
The Sentinels of the New Dawn are stirring and its malign influence will be felt for centuries to come...
to be added
- Liz served Crowborough some iced tea.
- Liz and Billington both acted as chair of the Council for Mathematical Sciences.
- This audio drama was recorded on 18 May 2010 at The Moat Studios.
- The New Dawn planned to create an Ebola epidemic in 2014. Coincidentally, in the real world there was a large Ebola outbreak in that year.
- This story is set after Inferno.
- This story was told from Liz's perspective.
- The Sixth Doctor and his companion Peri Brown would later encounter the Sentinels of the New Dawn. (AUDIO: Leviathan)
- Liz makes reference to the Silurians, (TV: Doctor Who and the Silurians) the Mim, (AUDIO: Shadow of the Past) the Mars Probe 7 Incident (TV: The Ambassadors of Death) and the Doctor's latest companion Jo Grant, with whom he was not "initially enamoured". (TV: Terror of the Autons)